Reloading Hotel, Taichung, Taiwan  » Hotels  »
No. 55, Zhongshan Rd, Central District, Taichung, Taiwan
  • Since tourist spots in Taichung spread rather far away one to another, I cannot take them as the reference to find a hotel
  • The room was rather cold in early January when I was there, no matter how high I set the thermometer
  • Whatever your taste you can find easily the suitable place to eat, even there are many Indonesian, Vietnamese, and Filipino restaurants
  • Bus fare is free within 10 km travel if you use stored-value card, I used yo-yo-ka and paid nothing for my travel cost during my stay in Taichung
  • For 86 dollars a night, I think that this hotel is quite okay

by Pusaka

For me a hotel should not only be good for a place to rest, but also be close to public transportation, food stalls, and whenever possible to places of interest too. It does not need to be luxurious. Since tourist spots in Taichung spread rather far away one to another, I cannot take them as the reference to find a hotel. By chance I spotted Reloading Hotel which is located just 15 minutes on foot from Taichung railway station (not to be confused with Taichung HSR station), and offers a reasonable room rate.

When first entering the hotel to check in, I was quite surprised for the lobby was quite large but looked dull, and the chairs looked like had not been cleaned for a long time. I could not expect to have a good room to sleep. But I was wrong. Room 701 is sufficiently large for a family of four. It is also clean and bright. Wifi in the room is also strong. But the heater seemed not to be working very well. The room was rather cold in early January when I was there, no matter how high I set the thermometer. The bathroom is also large and bright but again rather chilly. Another negative point is the safe deposit box which is very small even to keep my small size laptop.

Breakfast is served on basement floor starting from 7 in the morning. For me the breakfast was not tasty at all. There were not many choices either, they were only bread, rice, porridge, salad, egg, stir-fry vegetables, and fried vermicelli. The good thing is that they are ready to serve breakfast at 7 am sharp so I could catch an early train to Taipei after that.

As for the location, I give my thumbs up. Various food stalls are within walking distance. Whatever your taste you can find easily the suitable place to eat, even there are many Indonesian, Vietnamese, and Filipino restaurants. Prices start from 100 Taiwanese dollars (3.40 dollars). Public bus stops along the First Square are also only five minutes away on foot. There you can take buses to almost every corner of the city. Bus fare is free within 10 km travel if you use stored-value card, I used yo-yo-ka and paid nothing for my travel cost during my stay in Taichung.

• Reloading Hotel, Taichung, Taiwan.
  • Strange decoration next to elevator doors in the lobby.

• Reloading Hotel, Taichung, Taiwan.
  • The lobby is large but old chairs and the dim light made me uncomfortable there.

• Reloading Hotel, Taichung, Taiwan.
  • On the contrary to the lobby, my room is clean, nice, and bright. Although it is not very spacious, I like to stay there apart from the room temperature that cannot be controlled.

• Reloading Hotel, Taichung, Taiwan.
  • Dining room on the basement floor. This hotel has a large lobby and a large dining room but not many choices for breakfast.

• Reloading Hotel, Taichung, Taiwan.
  • Typical breakfast. For me, such breakfast is not satisfactory, but quite filling.

For 86 dollars a night, I think that this hotel is quite okay. Mainly because its proximity to a number of small restaurants with very affordable food prices, and to a row of bus stops that connects you to many places of interest. The breakfast is simple. Perhaps other guest rooms are warm but not 701.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2018. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 29021662400828/k2311a029/2.9.18