Emeset Syrup (Ondansetron Oral Solution IP 2mg/5ml)  » Medicine  »
  • It is available in 30 ml small bottle and costs Rs
  • When I asked about the number of dose I can give in one day, his reply was vague
  • However, while giving it for motion sickness, I have noticed my baby developing constipation
  • However, I would suggest to take it in the tablet form

• by Galega

Emeset was prescribed by the pediatrician to my youngest son. He was having little bit of diarrhea like symptoms with vomiting. The syrup works wonderfully at that time and since then has become a medicine that I always keep in my shelf at home.

Emeset is manufactured and marketed by Cipla Ltd., which is one of the most respected pharmaceutical companies of India. It is available in 30 ml small bottle and costs Rs. 36.

The doctor had told me to

give 5 ml of this syrup to the baby before feeding. When I asked about the number of dose I can give in one day, his reply was vague. He told me to give at least three times a day which can be increased as per requirements. He just suggested to not giving more than 5 ml.

After starting Emeset, I never saw him vomiting. Other medicines work during this time giving him complete relief within three days. Needless to say, stopping the baby from vomiting goes a long way in proper treatment. My son also didn’t lose energy or water and hence got better quickly. This syrup is a must have for such type of situation.

As I have mentioned above, I am permanently keeping this syrup at home. It is because of motion sickness that my son develops while traveling by car or bus. I have taken permission of my pediatrician who has told me to give ...

• Emeset Syrup (Ondansetron Oral Solution IP 2mg/5ml)
      the same amount - 5 ml - half an hour before starting the journey. This is one situation which used to be quite frustrating for me as he used to vomit and showed symptoms of nausea. He remains normal once Emeset is given to him before the journey. The syrup is available in Juicy Lemon Flavor which seems to be quite tasty for my son.

I didn’t notice as such any side effects during his diarrhea treatment. However, while giving

it for motion sickness, I have noticed my baby developing constipation. It happens for short duration as I give only one dose to him.

Emeset contains only one active ingredient, that is Ondansetron. It is a well - known antiemetic medicine which blocks the release of some chemicals that can trigger nausea and vomiting.

Emeset can also be taken by adult. However, I would suggest to take it in the tablet form. Emeset is also available in tablet meant for adults.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2628121661710631/k2311a1228/12.28.17