Selena Gomez & Marshmello - Wolves (2017 Song)
  • I like Selena Gomez when she's collaborating with other musicians
  • Wolves is another interesting addition to her body of music, and for me her most relaxed and most absorbing music
  • But it does tell us that when you're in love with the right person, all these sacrifices, all these running through the jungle, are going to be worth it - and I think that's a really beautiful message
  • It does have its fresh modern spin to it - something that's bound to become boring in a few months

• by Laudemhir Jan Parel

“Wolves is a journey about finding love,” while that description feels cliche for all the countless songs that shares the same theme, Wolves does indeed sound like a journey. This is Selena Gomez’ second EDM (electronic dance music) after her successful collaboration with Kygo for “It Ain’t Me” earlier this year. Let’s put this forward: I like Selena Gomez when she’s collaborating with other musicians. Her solo work didn’t really appeal that much to me. “Wolves” is another interesting addition to her body of music, and for

me her most relaxed and most absorbing music.

The lyrics of this song are really affecting; Selena conjures metaphors of running with wolves just to get to her lover. We could very well relate to these lyrics because it’s hard to chase love; with all the people trying to get you down; some just don’t approve your relationship with someone; being in love at the wrong time; etc., are themes that are explored in the words of this song. But it does tell us that when you’re in love with the right person, all these sacrifices, all these running through the jungle, are going to be worth it - and I think that’s a really beautiful message.

Perhaps the most exciting aspect of the song is the production. It does sound like it’s an EDM song from the get-go but it’s structured like a real melodic pop song that we barely hear now. Strip down the beat drop at the end of each chorus and this song wouldn’t feel out of place 5 years back. It ...

• Selena Gomez & Marshmello - Wolves (2017 Song)
      does have its fresh modern spin to it - something that’s bound to become boring in a few months. It’s easy to become bored by it if you decide to play it continuously for a couple of days.

Selena’s vocals are on point as always. She has this soothingly-affecting voice that just creeps in your veins, one that’s very recognizable and easy to listen to. As I said, she’s really a perfect choice for this kind of songs, her voice complements the masculinity and modernity of the production

as they tend to highlight her. It’s the kind that you doesn’t annoy you even after repeating the song for a lot of times.

Overall this is really a good piece of modern pop music. The melody is interesting and memorable enough for the audience to care about. The production is breezy and easy to digest, something that doesn’t annoy people even if you’re playing it loud. And Selena shines again in her second EDM collaboration turning a cliched theme into an interesting one and putting her fresh spin to it.

Shiny says :

re : Wolves is another interesting addition to her body of music, and for me her most relaxed and most absorbing music
People may say lots of things about this song. Some say this is about her illness or her love life. Whatever the rumours, as per my view this another turning point of Selenas music career. Lyrics of the Wolves is very attractive and straightforward.
As per my view, this song is not only about the Selenas life, it s about all the ladies who are looking for love and who already found their love. I’ve been running through the jungle, wolves, To get to you, to get to you . This means the obstacles that a lady will go through to find the correct guy and how difficult to get to know the person. This is very heart touching song and directly speaks to our hearts. Well done Selena.

Shiny says :

re : But it does tell us that when you’re in love with the right person, all these sacrifices, all these running through the jungle, are going to be worth it - and I think that’s a really beautiful message
People say lots of things about this song. Some say this is about her illness or her love life. Whatever the rumours, as per my view this another turning point of Selenas music career. Lyrics of the Wolves is very attractive and straightforward.

Juan Carlos says :

“Wolves” is an interesting add on to her kind of music, as it has its fresh and modern twist. It’s easy to get bored if you decide to play it continuously for a couple of days like all music. Selena is really a perfect choice for this kind of songs. We could very well relate to these lyrics because it’s hard to pursue love.

priyanka says :

The song speaks the words of the inner soul that we sometimes cannot speak. Listening to it just soothes and rubs all the tiresome gained throughout the day.Actually the song heals.

priyanka says :

yeah, it’s a total heal on the worst day. I agree with her review.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1412121661580531/k2311a1212/12.12.17