Hotel Jivitesh, New Delhi  » Hotels  »
11, ,Pusa Road, Opposite Metro Pillar Number.87, New Delhi, Delhi 110005, India
  • I enjoyed watching films with English subtitles
  • The quality of wireless internet connection was good but it was not available every day, I was left without any internet even to read my emails on my first day due to connection damage
  • The only problem is that the hot water can only come out after the tap is fully open for five minutes
  • I stayed in the hotel for four nights and got four exactly the same taste breakfast
  • For a room rate of 110 dollars per night, I think this hotel is acceptable for a very short stay of no longer than 3 or 4 nights

by Pusaka

During my stay in Delhi for an international technical meeting, I had been accommodated in this hotel booked by a colleague of mine. This is a small four-storeyed building in Karol Bagh district. The lobby room is small but tolerable.

There are three persons working in the lobby area, a receptionist whose temper seems to be stiff, a concierge and a bellboy. The last two persons can complement each other.

I was in a group of 11 people and nine of us stayed in this hotel. The bellboy escorted us to our rooms and handed the room key over, but mine. He finally handed it over to me after being asked. This was very small thing but rather annoying.

Room 305 was assigned to me. The room size is good for two. The television has numerous channels and many of them are foreigner-friendly. I enjoyed watching films with English subtitles. The room is also equipped with a fridge, a safe deposit box, a hair dryer, and a coffee maker. The light is not bright enough but many other hotels have the same situation, so it is acceptable. The quality of wireless internet connection was good but it was not available every day, I was left without any internet even to read my emails on my first day due to connection damage. The internet facility is provided on daily and quota basis. One gigabyte is assigned to each guest room for 24 hours. As long as the service is available, it is more than sufficient for my purposes.

The shower room and toilet is clean and bright. The only problem is that the hot water can only come out after the tap is fully open for five minutes.

Breakfast is good for Indian vegetarian curry lovers. The menu is very similar from one morning to another such as bhaji, poori, and sambhar. I stayed in the hotel for four nights and got four exactly the same taste breakfast. They start providing breakfast to the guests at 7.

Do not ask to book a taxi from the hotel as they will charge you more than it should be, instead use Uber. Here is the comparison. Taxi from hotel to the airport may cost you 700 rupees or about ten dollars, but only 230 rupees by Uber.

• Hotel Jivitesh, New Delhi
  • Jivitesh Hotel. It is pretty easy to find this hotel. In Delhi metro pillars are numbered. Look for metro pillar 87 along Pusa Road, then the hotel is located at the north side of the street.

• Hotel Jivitesh, New Delhi
  • Lobby room. Very effective reception. There are only three persons handling all guests.

• Hotel Jivitesh, New Delhi
  • Room 305. It is quite a good place to stay, but I came in around 9:30 pm and went out at 7 am every day, not very much time to enjoy the room. The smoke detector is very sensitive. I heard a loud alarm from next door, they might be smoking inside.

• Hotel Jivitesh, New Delhi
  • Shower and toilet. Small and simple decorated and equipped with standard amenities even there is a telephone.

• Hotel Jivitesh, New Delhi
  • Dining room. Typical Indian breakfast is served here.

For a room rate of 110 dollars per night, I think this hotel is acceptable for a very short stay of no longer than 3 or 4 nights. Distance to the nearest shopping place and metro station is about 300 meters away. Not very far even on foot but very dusty on the way.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 211121661570631/k2311a1211/12.11.17