Teremok Russian modern cuisine chain restaurant  » Restaurants  »
Nevsky avenue 60, Saint-Petersburg, Russia, 190000
  • Teremok is a chain restaurant in Russia, which is especially popular in Saint-Petersburg
  • It's in New York and I haven't been there personally, but my bf has and when he sent me the picture I literally screamed of surprise
  • There are also many of those Teremok places at food courts in the shopping centers, I think you can find one at nearly every mall in St Petersburg
  • Anyways, I don't think you can pass by a place like that and not notice it
  • Anyways, the whole point of this review is that this chain restaurant is the one you should definitely visit, if you are ever in Russia, because it actually represents Russian cuisine perfectly well and it's not fancy and expensive, as the restaurants that are meant for tourists are

by Irina

“Teremok” is a chain restaurant in Russia, which is especially popular in Saint-Petersburg. It’s basically a Russian “fast food” place, but they call themselves modern Russian cuisine restaurant, which is also true. This place actually is a more modern approach to a traditional Russian cuisine and their main focus is crepes. Russian crepes are famous all around the world and most big cities offer a place that serves those crepes or an attempt on them. “Blinchiki”, as we call them, are our national pride and yet I haven’t met anyone, who wouldn’t like them, whether that was a foreigner or someone, who has been brought up eating those crepes.
  • Teremok Russian modern cuisine chain restaurant
  • This place is actually loved by loads of Russians and you’ll see that, if you ever come across one. There are 136 Teremok places (!) in Saint-Petersburg, 120 places in Moscow and there’s also 1 Teremok restaurant in the US! It’s in New York and I haven’t been there personally, but my bf has and when he sent me the picture I literally screamed of surprise. I did not expect that at all, but that’s true, you can actually check it out, if you’re in NY.

• Teremok Russian modern cuisine chain restaurant
  • One thing that is worth mentioning first is that there are three types of Teremok restaurant. There is a classic one, where you can sit down and enjoy your meal in a cozy atmosphere. There are also many of those Teremok places at food courts in the shopping centers, I think you can find one at nearly every mall in St Petersburg. And the third one would be one of those to-go stations, which look like little kiosks, where you can get some tea/coffee and a crepe to go. You can recognize Teremok by red letters, Russian patterns and “matryoshka” - a traditional Russian doll. Anyways, I don’t think you can pass by a place like that and not notice it.

• Teremok Russian modern cuisine chain restaurant
  • Even though the menu is not limited with crepes, I strongly recommend having them first. The crepes in Teremok are really big and they kind of work like wraps. You pick the filling on the menu and get your “crepe burrito”. They offer lots of options, both sweet and savory, and there’re some that suit vegetarians. Here, for example, is a crepe with mushrooms sauteed in creme fraiche, which is one of my personal favourites. I also love the one with condensed milk, as well as the one with strawberry jam.

• Teremok Russian modern cuisine chain restaurant
  • The reason I call this restaurant a “fast food chain” is that all the food is prepared quickly; you can see how they make crepes right next to the register. And the second reason is that at most locations you don’t get the actual plate and cutlery, but you get the disposable ones, along with the paper cup. The prices at Teremok are also rather low. The cost of one crepe varies on the filling, but it doesn’t go over 300 rubles (which is approximately $5), so I’d to call this place budget-friendly. Complex meals are even cheaper and they’re pretty great too; you can get a soup, a crepe and a beverage for about 250 rubles. I believe that makes it a fast food chain.

• Teremok Russian modern cuisine chain restaurant
  • You can also try some other Russian cuisine items, including the drinks. There’s one really curious drink called Kvass. It is basically a fermented beverage made from rye bread, something in between beer and kombucha. That sounds weird, but it is worth trying. The cloudberry tea is also amazing, as well as mors, which is essentially a sweetened berry juice, however, there is something special about it. You can also try the healthier Russian dishes with buckwheat and potatoes, but I don’t want to be focusing on that here.

Anyways, the whole point of this review is that this chain restaurant is the one you should definitely visit, if you are ever in Russia, because it actually represents Russian cuisine perfectly well and it’s not fancy and expensive, as the restaurants that are meant for tourists are.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 76111661450330/k2311a116/11.6.17