The Unemployed Philosopher’s Guild Disappearing Cheshire Cat mug
  • I like giving people special things that I know they'll love, but it is sometimes hard to find something new and something that isn't completely useless
  • This Disappearing Cheshire Cat mug attracted my attention at the bookstore right away (I believe it was Books-A-Million) and I didn't even think for a second before taking it to the register
  • I love Alice in Wonderland and I also get easily lured by unknown new things
  • I've never seen a mug like that (except for the boring disappearing battery one) and I just got overly excited
  • So keep an eye out for this mug and definitely get it, if you stumble upon one

by Irina

Christmas is slowly approaching now and many people, myself included, start thinking about the presents. I like giving people special things that I know they’ll love, but it is sometimes hard to find something new and something that isn’t completely useless. Yesterday I was looking for some cute presents online and stumbled upon these disappearing mugs and mugs changing colour, then I remembered that I actually got a really cool one myself!
  • The Unemployed Philosopher's Guild Disappearing Cheshire Cat mug
  • This Disappearing Cheshire Cat mug attracted my attention at the bookstore right away (I believe it was Books-A-Million) and I didn’t even think for a second before taking it to the register. I love “Alice in Wonderland” and I also get easily lured by unknown new things. I’ve never seen a mug like that (except for the boring disappearing battery one) and I just got overly excited. It costed me around $12-13 and on the official website it-s $13,95, which I think is a fine price for a mug like that.

• The Unemployed Philosopher's Guild Disappearing Cheshire Cat mug
  • The mug itself has a nice design and the picture is very detailed, it looks like it was taken from an actual Lewis Carol book and I love that. Although I wish it were a little bit differently shaped, the mug is a decent size and can hold 10 Oz of liquid. It came in a box and instruction on how to use, but I obviously threw that away. However, you can still find all the cautions and instructions on the websit; they even have a short video on proper utilization of a mug like that.

• The Unemployed Philosopher's Guild Disappearing Cheshire Cat mug
  • By the way, the company that made this mug is called “The unemployed philosopher’s guild” and they seem to be quite popular. Apart from the mugs, they have many other curious things on the website and you can find their stuff at the bookstores, as well as order it online.

• The Unemployed Philosopher's Guild Disappearing Cheshire Cat mug
  • The mug is not dishwasher-safe, nor is it microwave-safe, so you need to be very careful and gentle with it, otherwise you might just be left with a regular mug with no disappearing cat.

• The Unemployed Philosopher's Guild Disappearing Cheshire Cat mug
  • It’s amazing how accurate to the story the Cheshire cat disappears: it starts vanishing from the tail, ending with the grin. The grin stays on the mug and that explains the quote under it. You can still see the pale picture of a cat, but I think that it is still really impressing! My friends, who came over, kept pouring the hot liquid into the mug to see the cat disappearing and coming back, as the liquid cools down. I even felt sorry for the cat.

Overall, I think this mug would make a great present for someone, who loves fairytales and a great treat for yourself. So keep an eye out for this mug and definitely get it, if you stumble upon one.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 463111661430630/k2311a113/11.3.17