Brother SQ9185 Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine
  • Let me tell you as soon as I had my hands on my new sewing machine it was like Christmas because my heart had dropped in my stomach and I was grinning from ear to ear as I walked out of Walmart
  • I can't even tell you how long I had my previous sewing machine because I had it for so a long time
  • When I decided I wanted to create better tailored and professional looking garments, I went looking around at sewing machines until I discovered the Brother SQ9185
  • What I liked best about the Brother SQ9185 is how Walmart slashed the price from two hundred dollars to one hundred thirty-eight dollars, and all the stitch options and the ability to make quilts if I so desired
  • It has over 100 stitch functions which gives you the freedom to finish your garments however you want

by ReadingBug

Let me tell you as soon as I had my hands on my new sewing machine it was like Christmas because my heart had dropped in my stomach and I was grinning from ear to ear as I walked out of Walmart. Th Brother SQ9185 sewing and quilting machine is not my first sewing machine, but it was an upgrade I have been waiting to treat myself to.
  • Brother SQ9185 Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine
  • I can’t even tell you how long I had my previous sewing machine because I had it for so a long time. It wasn’t anything unique or fancy like my new sewing machine: it had basic sewing functions and the stitch options were very limited. When I decided I wanted to create better tailored and professional looking garments, I went looking around at sewing machines until I discovered the Brother SQ9185. What I liked best about the Brother SQ9185 is how Walmart slashed the price from two hundred dollars to one hundred thirty-eight dollars, and all the stitch options and the ability to make quilts if I so desired. I love how I am now able to create garments with professional finishes with such a sophisticated at home sewing machine.

• Brother SQ9185 Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine
  • When I unpacked the box the sewing was secure in a protective foam box. Everything I needed for the sewing machine–including attachments and table–were also secured in the foam box as well. There was tape everywhere which I appreciated, but became a little aggravating when all I wanted to do was see and touch my sewing machine, but would have to cut two or three more pieces of tape I missed. I did, however, appreciate the extra security that was put in place to protect my sewing machine while in transit.

• Brother SQ9185 Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine
  • Included with the sewing machine were quite a few informational and booklets–including the user manual–and a dvd which illustrates with both words and pictures all the functions of the machine, how to operate and care for the machine. Because I have previously owned a Brother sewing machine, everything in the user manual and instruction booklets were just a review. The only thing different with this sewing machine is that it included a dvd which I liked because I was able to visually follow along with the instructor, but again, none of the information was new except the addition of more functions I didn’t have before.

• Brother SQ9185 Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine
  • Like with every sewing machine, a foot pedal was included with mine. Which is another thing I love about my new sewing machine because with my old Brother sewing machine I had no choice but to use my foot pedal but with this new machine I can just use the stop and go button for the machine to start sewing. It’s an incredible feature to have, especially when I don’t feel like using the foot pedal.

• Brother SQ9185 Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine
  • It took me at least a week to remove the plastic from my machine because I liked having it in mint condition. The Brother SQ9185 is almost identical to my previous sewing machine in terms of the LCD window which allows me to sew the stitch length and width, the selected stitch, and the presser feet in use. On the right hand side of the sewing machine is a stitch reference guide which I like because I don’t always have to go searching for the user manual to lookup stitches and their functions. There is an additional reference area that I didn’t have before which shows embroidery stitches. I have found the embroidery stitches to be the most fun to play with because now I can engrave my name on things, even just for the sake of it. I also love the new function I have which threads the needle eye for me on the sewing machine. It took me a little minute to get the hang of it, and every since then it has become a must for me before starting a new sewing project.

If you’re looking for a good sewing machine–whether it’s an upgrade or your first one–I would suggest you run, not walk, to the nearest Walmart to buy the Brother SQ9185 because you’re not going to get a better deal anywhere else like the one I received online at walmart.com. It has over 100 stitch functions which gives you the freedom to finish your garments however you want. There are plenty accessories to get you started including the presser feet, bobbins, and cleaning tools. There are plenty of booklets and a manual to help you learn how to use your sewing machine. The dvd is great for beginners, but if you’re an expert with sewing machines then you’ll probably skip it. Overall, Brother SQ9185 is a great sewing machine for either a beginner or expert seamstress.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1625101661360431/k2311a1025/10.25.17