Pitcher Coffee Bar in Saint-Petersburg Russia  » Restaurants  »
Marata str 2, Saint-Peterburg, Russia, 191025
  • That's true and Saint-Petersburg is actually always crowded with tourists, I think there're might be more tourists in here than there are in Moscow
  • I can't even explain how lucky I am to be staying in this wonderful city right now, but I'm going to tell you about one of my favourite places here that not only serves the best coffee in the area, but also charges you with positive vibes and an enormous amount of energy for the whole day
  • Russia has never exactly been a coffee country , but you'll be surprised at how many coffee places are here right now (as surprised as I was to find out that Finland is the most coffee-drinking nation in the world)
  • I try different places, but the Pitcher Coffee Bar is my absolute favourite
  • Overall, Pitcher Coffee Bar is 10 out of 10 and I recommend visiting it whether you're paying a short visit to Russia or staying here for a longer period of time

by Irina

Did you know that Europe’s leading city destination this year is Saint-Petersburg, Russia? That’s true and Saint-Petersburg is actually always crowded with tourists, I think there’re might be more tourists in here than there are in Moscow. I can’t even explain how lucky I am to be staying in this wonderful city right now, but I’m going to tell you about one of my favourite places here that not only serves the best coffee in the area, but also charges you with positive vibes and an enormous amount of energy for the whole day. I’m obsessed with this place and “obsessed” is actually an understatement here.
  • Pitcher Coffee Bar
  • Who doesn’t like a hot cup of cappuccino on a cold, rainy day? I don’t know, but frothy and creamy coffee beverages always work as a “pick me up” kind of thing for me. Over the last year I’ve learned how to make a nice latte at home, but I still want to go to coffee places and enjoy the drink with a nice latte art on it. Those places are presented in abundance in most cities and countries right now. Russia has never exactly been a “coffee country”, but you’ll be surprised at how many coffee places are here right now (as surprised as I was to find out that Finland is the most coffee-drinking nation in the world). I try different places, but the Pitcher Coffee Bar is my absolute favourite. They have 2 locations in Saint-Petersburg and one of them is right in the city center, where tourists can easily find it (I left the address in the location section) and the second one is in closer to the airport, but I don’t think that people, who come to see Saint-Petersburg, will go looking for it.

• Pitcher Coffee Bar
  • You can find it if you walk along Nevsky Prospect (avenue) and if you’re in Saint-Petersburg - you will be doing that. It’s going to be on your right, if you walk from Mayakovskaya Subway station towards Vosstaniya Square. The place is pretty small and most people take coffee to go there, since there are only 3 or 4 tables, where you can sit down and enjoy your coffee. But it’s really comfy though. All baristas are incredibly nice and they all speak English, so it’s no problem to order something if you’re a foreigner. I’ve been going to Pitcher for quite a long time and never have I seen a barista in a bad mood in there. They are always ready to help, explain and give you a piece of advice on the coffee.

• Pitcher Coffee Bar
  • I prefer to take a Flat White or a Cappuccino in there, but I’ve probably tried everything they offer and I swear: everything they make tastes divine! The secret of this place is their baristas. They all love what they’re doing, they put effort into making every single coffee and they always show you how they care with some latte art on top of your drink and a humble smile that they give you while handing the coffee cup to you. By the way, the prices here are rather low. The big cup of latte at Pitcher, which equals Starbucks Grande, will cost you twice less than the same volume of the same drink at Starbucks. I believe the highest price in there is $3.

• Pitcher Coffee Bar
  • What I also like about this place is that aside from standard espresso beverages, lemonades and hot chocolate they offer you to experiment with the way of brewing coffee. Here you can try coffee made using alternative coffee brewers, like Chemex, AeroPress, filters etc. They also come up with their own beverages every season, which are usually very tasty.

• Pitcher Coffee Bar
  • You can order the coffee with soymilk to make it dairy-free and they actually use really nice and creamy soymilk that I love (OraSi). You can add a syrup, marshmallows and all those standard things too; that will cost you extra 20-30 rubles, which is about 50 cents.

• Pitcher Coffee Bar
  • And I almost forgot to tell you about something really important: Raf Coffee! It is actually a famous Russian coffee drink that is made with frothed cream and you’ve probably never had it before, even if you think you’ve tried it all. So yes, check out the Raf Coffee, Starbucks doesn’t have that one.

Overall, Pitcher Coffee Bar is 10 out of 10 and I recommend visiting it whether you’re paying a short visit to Russia or staying here for a longer period of time. I promise - you won’t be disappointed.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 713101661270731/k2311a1013/10.13.17