Lush  » Cosmetics  »
  • Lush is probably one of my favourite brands and it's also one of a few natural brands I know of that actually works
  • This cleanser always works for me and I genuinely love it, although it has a few disadvantages that I will mention later
  • This is either my 5th or 6th jar and I don't think it's the last one
  • Nevertheless, that's never an issue with Lush - it's all the same in every country
  • However, if you only use it as a cleanser in the morning or after you've removed your makeup - it's just perfect

by Irina

Lush is probably one of my favourite brands and it’s also one of a few natural brands I know of that actually works. “Angels on bare skin” has been my go-to cleanser for the last 3 years. This cleanser always works for me and I genuinely love it, although it has a few disadvantages that I will mention later.
  • Lush
  • This is either my 5th or 6th jar and I don’t think it’s the last one. I live in Russia right now and so all the labels in my pictures are in Russian. Nevertheless, that’s never an issue with Lush - it’s all the same in every country. However, for some weird reason, in America Lush’s prices seem to be the highest. For example, this cleanser is about $9-10 here in Russia, $7.95 ($10, 60) in the UK and in the US it’s $16,95 for a 3,5 oz. piece. But it’s still sooo worth it. This piece of cleanser lasts me for about 4-5 months, so I think it’s really good value for money anyway.

• Lush
  • Lush’s cleansers are probably one of a kind. First, they are solid, which is already unusual for a cleanser. By the way, it is extremely convenient for travelling, because it doesn’t take up much space in your bag and it can’t spill. Second, they are completely natural, meaning that they’re actually made with oils, plant extracts and all that kind of stuff ONLY. Look at “Angels on bare skin”, for instance. It is made with kaolin, ground almonds, rose absolute, lavender flowers and a bunch of different oils. It looks like a thick, khaki green paste with some lavender flowers in it.

• Lush
  • Using this cleanser is really easy too. You mix it with some water and massage it into your skin. Because of ground almonds, it feels like a light scrub, which gives you that feeling of polished skin. It’s harder to use it with a brush though. If you’re used to washing your face with Clarisonic or some other facial brush, then it’s going to be a little more of a trouble, but it’s totally possible. I use a Shiseido cleansing brush and it works. You just have to wet and massage the cleanser into your face first and then get on with the brush. It takes some getting used to, but that’s totally manageable!

• Lush
  • Another little downside of this cleanser is that it won’t remove foundation or any other heavy makeup from your face. And yes, I’m aware of the fact that cleanser is technically not supposed do that, but I use a little makeup and prefer to use one thing to remove all the dirt and all the products I use from my face, except, of course, for the eye makeup. The ingredients in it are kept natural, it doesn’t have any sulfates in it, so there’s basically no soap. I don’t use foundation on a regular basis, but if I do, I use a cleansing wipe first, because this cleanser won’t take it. It does remove some concealer and blush I am using and the cotton round with the toner stays clean every time, when I wipe my face with it after taking a shower. However, if you only use it as a cleanser in the morning or after you’ve removed your makeup - it’s just perfect. It’s not harsh on the skin, but at the same time it polishes it pretty well with a very light scrub, gently cleanses the skin and it even seems to remove the blackheads a bit.

• Lush
  • Using this cleanser feels really fancy too. It smells divine: lavender, rose and almonds, that’s probably the best smelling cleanser in the world! The lavender flowers also feel unusual, because you rarely get real flowers in your skincare. And look how pretty it is! Have you seen a cleanser that pretty? I bet not.

Overall, this is a great natural cleanser to try, if you’re into natural skincare. And it’s not of those ostensibly natural products that do nothing but take place in your bathroom - this cleanser might actually be better than some High-end goji berry/unicorn corn extract cleansers out there. So take a sample of it next time you’re in Lush!

Norma Castillo says :

re : However, if you only use it as a cleanser in the morning or after you’ve removed your makeup - it’s just perfect
As a longtime customer of LUSH, I’d have to agree with you 110%. They can be trusted to deliver a very quality product while keeping it as natural as possible and also keep it exciting In my opinion, this last quality I mentioned, helps to place this brand ahead of their competition. I love recieving their catalog and exploring the descriptions and lovely photos of the new items. I recommend this brand to all my friends and family.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312101661160831/k2311a102/10.2.17