Ikea Sinnlig scented candle (vanilla ice-cream and freshly baked waffles)
  • I love scented candles, especially during the colder times of the year, when all you want is to snuggle up under your blankets with a cup of hot cocoa and a nice book
  • The candles add that coziness to the room and if they can also make it smell like bakery - they are basically priceless
  • I've been going to Ikea to buy all kins of things since I was a kid, but about a year ago I also noticed that they have a great selection of candles, including the scented ones
  • The name of it and the picture on the packaging say that it's vanilla ice-cream and waffles, but I think that this scent could be also called vanilla pudding or New York cheesecake
  • It's also a nice budget-friendly addition to your room decor and a great way to trick your guests into thinking that you're baking something extremely delicious

by Irina

I love scented candles, especially during the colder times of the year, when all you want is to snuggle up under your blankets with a cup of hot cocoa and a nice book. The candles add that coziness to the room and if they can also make it smell like bakery - they are basically priceless. Not all scented candles are equally good, some of them have a very artificial smell and some just don’t fill your room with the smell that you liked at the store. I love Yankee candles, those always work, but they can really add up to your daily spendings, so I found this cheaper alternative at Ikea.
  • Ikea Sinnlig scented candle (vanilla ice-cream and freshly baked waffles)
  • I love Ikea for their great and budget-friendly interior design options. I’ve been going to Ikea to buy all kins of things since I was a kid, but about a year ago I also noticed that they have a great selection of candles, including the scented ones. Their scented candles series is called “Sinnlig”, which actually means “sensual” in Swedish. They have four types of scented candles: block candles, candles in glass jars, candles in metal cups and votive candles. They also differ in size and thus in burning time. This candle of mine is 3 inches in height, its burning time is 25 hours and it costs $1,99.

• Ikea Sinnlig scented candle (vanilla ice-cream and freshly baked waffles)
  • They have all kind of scents to choose from and I haven’t tried them all, but the one I’m reaching for the most is this “Vanilla ice-cream and freshly baked waffles” one. It’s white and basic and it can fit into any room interior, since it’s just a candle in a glass jar. It smells like a good vanilla extract, like the bakery, like freshly baked pastries.

• Ikea Sinnlig scented candle (vanilla ice-cream and freshly baked waffles)
  • As I’ve already said, this candle’s estimated burning time is 25 hours, but I would actually say that it’s about 28 hours. It has become part of my routine to come home and light this candle. I light it up around 8pm and I blow it out after midnight, before turning in. I do that almost everyday and I counted that this candle lasts me for about 7 days and 28-29 hours.

• Ikea Sinnlig scented candle (vanilla ice-cream and freshly baked waffles)
  • I noticed that this candle isn’t capable of filling my living room with the smell, since my living room is pretty spacious, but the candle can make my whole bedroom smell like cake. I either put it on my nightstand or leave it by the door, when I’m waiting for guests. And the candle never failed me: everyone, who comes in, asks what smells so nice and sometimes people even believe that I’m actually baking something.

• Ikea Sinnlig scented candle (vanilla ice-cream and freshly baked waffles)
  • I love this candle for its rich, but yet not annoying aroma and natural scent. The name of it and the picture on the packaging say that it’s vanilla ice-cream and waffles, but I think that this scent could be also called “vanilla pudding” or “New York cheesecake”. It basically smells like any vanilla dessert and most people agree with me on the fact that it smells like bakery.

Overall, this is an amazing candle to try, if you love scented candles, but you’re sick and tired of speniding lots of money on them. It’s also a nice budget-friendly addition to your room decor and a great way to trick your guests into thinking that you’re baking something extremely delicious.

renu says :

These candles are awesome as it will leave the room with fragrance .I always use these candles for decorating my house during festive occasions and when guest are to be arrived or some party decoration or the place where i pray to god.you have variety of options where you can use the candles. The best thing i like about these candles are the different color . I have used these candles on valentine day and my wedding anniversary to make my husband feel romantic. And these candles did a perfect job as i expected , it gave us a candle light dinner feeling to us. I will suggest you to at least try it once believe me you will order it again and again

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5327091661090730/k2311a0927/9.27.17