EasyFit kcal Counter - Android App  » Software  »
  • At first, I tried things like MyFitnessPal and a few other calorie counters, but I felt like they wanted too much information
  • What you put in your body is more important, however it really brought some things to my attention
  • It has a very simple interface, and only asks you a few questions at the beginning such as your weight, goal, age, and what type of weight loss you are looking for (lose 1 lb a week, clean bulk, etc)
  • I never really did before, and so when I found out how much calories was in rice, I was really surprised
  • What changed, etc. All in all, I would recommend this app to anyone who wants to track their eating, but doesn't want a lot of bells and whistles

by Leola Shandra

About 7 months ago I became determined to start a diet so that I could lose weight. I spent hours looking up information and apps that could help me in this endeavor. At first, I tried things like MyFitnessPal and a few other calorie counters, but I felt like they wanted too much information. They required me to create an account, or link Facebook. They asked seemingly unrelated questions, and had so many features that using it became a very time-consuming task. Starting the weight loss journey was hard enough, and I didn’t want a app that would distract me more than help me. Meaning that I would spend what felt like two hours adding how much food I ate for dinner instead of exercising. (smile) At the end of my search, I settled on EasyFit kcal Counter, and lost roughly 40 lbs during the time that I used it.
  • EasyFit kcal Counter - Android App
  • It is important to remember that the app is just an aid. What you put in your body is more important, however it really brought some things to my attention. It has a very simple interface, and only asks you a few questions at the beginning such as your weight, goal, age, and what type of weight loss you are looking for (lose 1 lb a week, clean bulk, etc.) After that it takes you to the home screen. I liked the fact that it didn’t require me to make an account, and the set-up took less than 5 minutes unlike the other apps I had tried before. The questions were non-invasive and got straight to the point. Based on your answers to the questions, you’ll get a daily calorie limit or you can choose your own. When I first started I had a daily calorie limit of 1,500.

• EasyFit kcal Counter - Android App
  • One thing about this app and weight loss in general is that you really start paying attention to calories. I never really did before, and so when I found out how much calories was in rice, I was really surprised. I had to completely give up on pasta, and mostly gave up on homemade desserts, saving them for when I had a particularly good week or for special occasions like birthdays. The app made it easy for me to just add everything I ate without a lot of searching. You can either search the app or find the food category (meat, bread & nuts, cultural dishes) and search for the individual food there. One issue I ran into was the app not having the food that I ate listed. This happened fairly often because I ate mostly home cooked meals so that I could monitor what I was eating.

• EasyFit kcal Counter - Android App
  • The app did have a solution for that. There are two options. To either add a meal or add raw calories. One downside to the “add a custom meal” section was that I had to have all of the information like the protein, carb, etc. When I am cooking meals, I didn’t want to have to go through all the trouble of adding everything up. So I would cook my meal, add a estimate of the calories based on what was on the back of the containers, then add a few calories just as a cushion for miscalculation, and then add that to the raw calories section.

• EasyFit kcal Counter - Android App
  • Most of the screens have a large bubble that shows you your calorie limit and how much you’ve already eaten. There is also a page that shows you everything you’ve eaten for that day. If you exceed your limit, then the green bubble will turn red. It also makes it easy to add things like exercise, track your weight loss and shows you the trend in your weight loss, ie how many calories a day you eat on average. I like how easy it is to edit the information, and the very simple interface that makes this painless.

• EasyFit kcal Counter - Android App
  • Overall it is a really great app, and I’m glad I came across it. There are ads. However, they are all at the bottom of the screen, and only come up every now and again. It honestly didn’t bother me too much since the app was free. Its main appeal is the simpleness of it, the user-friendliness, and the overall ease of use. Just put in the information and you’re done. I didn’t have any problems with crashing, and the app generally worked well with no issues. However one downside is that you cannot save your data. You can share your weight loss chart or your average calorie consumption, but all the app data cannot be saved or transferred. So if you plan to use the app, but also want to get a new phone or reset your device, I would suggest waiting until you’ve done so, then download the app. I found this out after I lost my first week or so of information when I first started using the app.

`

Also, I want to be clear. The app was just an aid. Research, watching what you eat, and exercise is all required. There were up and down times when I lost a lot, and then didn’t lose anything for one or two weeks, so there were a lot of factors. Also all calories are not alike. 300 calories of fruits is not the same as 300 calories of a sandwich. You digest the fruit way faster than the sandwich. However, the app was a great asset to have. It really made me aware of what I was eating in a way that you wouldn’t be if you just guesstimated at the calories of what you were eating. Also having a record of my eating habits made it easier for me to go back and check my trends; what I was eating and when. Like, “The past 3 week I lost a lot of weight, but the 4th one I didn’t. What was I eating differently? What changed, etc.” All in all, I would recommend this app to anyone who wants to track their eating, but doesn’t want a lot of bells and whistles.

Alexis says :

re : At first, I tried things like MyFitnessPal and a few other calorie counters, but I felt like they wanted too much information
I agree that most websites pertaining to those categories require a lot of information and it is easy to find it overwhelming.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3022091661030630/k2311a0922/9.22.17