Freeman Clearing Sweet tea + lemon peel-off clay mask  » Cosmetics  »
  • I'm a big fan of Freeman masks and I've practically tried all of the face masks they offer
  • The last time I went to Ulta, I saw that there were a few interesting masks that I hadn't tried yet and this Clearing sweet tea + lemon mask was one of them
  • I love clay masks and they're an important part of my skicare routine, but the peel-off masks kind of seem useless to me
  • It doesn't actually clean out your pores, but I have to admit that it's kind of fun and relaxing to do

by Irina Bernetckite

I’m a big fan of Freeman masks and I’ve practically tried all of the face masks they offer. The last time I went to Ulta, I saw that there were a few interesting masks that I hadn’t tried yet and this Clearing sweet tea + lemon mask was one of them.
  • Freeman Clearing Sweet tea + lemon peel-off clay mask
  • What’s interesting about this mask is that it’s actually a peel-off clay mask, which is something I’ve never seen before. I love clay masks and they’re an important part of my skicare routine, but the peel-off masks kind of seem useless to me. I tried other Freeman peel-off masks, including the famous cucumber one, and they were fun to do, but I didn’t really see any effect after using them. This mask though promises to combine the effects of both a clay mask and a peel-off mask and do lots of magic to your skin.

• Freeman Clearing Sweet tea + lemon peel-off clay mask
  • So before I judge this mask, I want to quicky note what the manufacturer promises you and what a peel-off mask and a clay mask are supposed to do. Clay masks are really great for people with oily and combination skin, as well as acne-prone skin, because clay can actually absorb the oil and clean your pored, making them visually smaller. Peel-off masks are supposed to take the gunk out of your pores and mildly exfoliate your skin.

• Freeman Clearing Sweet tea + lemon peel-off clay mask
  • The ingredients of this mask look like the ingredients of a regular peel-off mask. Polyvinyl alcohol takes the second place in the ingredients list and bentonite clay can only be found in the third line of this list. There’s also no kaoline, nor anti-acne ingredients, which can often be found in a clay mask. So you can expect less of a clay mask and more of a peel-off mask.

• Freeman Clearing Sweet tea + lemon peel-off clay mask
  • You can see here that the consistency is pretty watery. However, it’s really sticky. It does have some scent to it and it reminded me of iced tea from the store, but the smell of glue covers it all up. I noticed that this smell accompanies every peel-off mask I’ve tried and I guess it’s the smell of polyvinyl alcohol.

• Freeman Clearing Sweet tea + lemon peel-off clay mask
  • I actually find that it’s harder to spread this mask, since it sticks to your hands and doesn’t go on very smoothly. If you lay down and wait for your mask to dry, then you’ll actually be able to get an even layer of it all over your face and you’ll even be able to take it off all in once. Although, if you’re a multitasker, like me, and you run around the house with the mask on, you’ll get a stricky outcome and you’ll be taking the mask off in patches.

• Freeman Clearing Sweet tea + lemon peel-off clay mask
  • I tried this mask 4 times and, again, I didn’t see any result. My face feels smoother and nicer, but that’s because of the mild exfolitation it does mechanically, taking off your facial hair and dry patches of dead skin. It doesn’t actually clean out your pores, but I have to admit that it’s kind of fun and relaxing to do. According to dermatologists, this masks aren’t really doing much to your face, but they do give you that feeling of satisfaction, when you’re taking it off and feeling all pampered. And yes, as for the clay part, I didn’t feel any of that at all, it feels like a regular peel-off mask, but it takes more time to dry completely, something about 25-30 minutes.

Overall, this mask is one of those “placebo skincare products” that are sometimes essential to feel better about yourself. I do like to arrange “spa evenings” with my girlfriends once in a while and for that occasion it’s cool to have something as fun and easy to do as this mask. But will I purchase it again? Probably, but I’d rather take a travel-size, since it’s impossible to use the whole thing until the expiration date.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3121091660980730/k2311a0921/9.21.17