Lindt Intense Mint Chocolate
  • Lindt is my favourite chocolate brand that doesn't change its quality standards and keeps up with the job of making high quality Swiss chocolate, famous all around the world
  • It costs around $3-4 and it's the best minty treat you can buy for that money (well, maybe one of the best)
  • This chocolate isn't really that dark and I know that there's no strict rules for manufacturers as for at what percentage of cocoa solids the chocolate could be called dark, but I guess it has to be over 40%
  • However, I love the dark chocolate and I really love Lindt gourmet 95% and 99% chocolate, which is reaaaally bitter, so I don't consider the chocolate dark if it's under 70-80%

by Irina Bernetckite

I’m a big lover of mint and everything mint-flavoured and luckily there’s enough minty things out there. Lindt is my favourite chocolate brand that doesn’t change its quality standards and keeps up with the job of making high quality Swiss chocolate, famous all around the world. They also happen to make mint chocolate, which is the heaven in an edible form for a dark chocolate and mint lover, like me.
  • Lindt Intense Mint Chocolate
  • Lindt chocolate bars can be found pretty much at any supermarket, but I see this particular one most often at H-E-B, which I’m pretty sure can only be found in Texas. It costs around $3-4 and it’s the best minty treat you can buy for that money (well, maybe one of the best).

• Lindt Intense Mint Chocolate
  • This chocolate isn’t really that dark and I know that there’s no strict rules for manufacturers as for at what percentage of cocoa solids the chocolate could be called dark, but I guess it has to be over 40%. However, I love the dark chocolate and I really love Lindt gourmet 95% and 99% chocolate, which is reaaaally bitter, so I don’t consider the chocolate “dark” if it’s under 70-80%.

• Lindt Intense Mint Chocolate
  • I also don’t think that chocolate is really dark if the sugar takes the first place in the ingredients. And this chocolate contains 49 grams of sugar per 100 grams, which is 2% more than the cocoa content. I also think that real dark chocolate shouldn’t contain milk fat.

• Lindt Intense Mint Chocolate
  • But it still remains high quality chocolate that I want to invest in. Just look at the packaging: every bar of Lindt chocolate is wrapped in foil, just like it’s supposed to be. Seriously, it isn’t right to keep chocolate in those plastic wraps, they can’t preserve the chocolate as well and they also look much cheaper.

• Lindt Intense Mint Chocolate
  • The chocolate tastes “dark”, but not bitter and it’s still more on the creamy side. Kind of like if 85% chocolate and milk chocolate had a baby. What I also like about this particular chocolate bar is that it actually has the mint flavour in it, unlike Junior Mints and Ritter Sport mint chocolate that have the minty cream filling. It feels like you’re chewing the chocolate that has been blended with mint leaves. It’s really hard to understand unless you try it yourself.

Overall, this Lindt chocolate is one of thу greatest minty treats that money can buy. It has a very intense flavour of mint to it, but it still remains creamy and chocolaty. Try it if you love mint and thank me later!

Joy says :

So much mention about packaging and what could be consider dark chocolate but just a few lines about the taste?

I don’t think this is a chocolate review at all

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2720091660950530/k2311a0920/9.20.17