Carmex classic lip balm medicated (in a stick)
  • I'm a big lip balm fan and at this point of my life I have about 7 of them
  • I hate it when my lips get chapped and I really get all the OCD symptoms, when it comes to moisturizing my lips
  • However, I don't really like trying the popular lip balms that everybody is using and I love to give a chance to the less popular ones
  • But Carmex has been around for a really long time and lots of girls swear by it, so at some point I just wanted to try it myself and see if it was as good as people are saying it is
  • Overall, Carmex is a nice and affordable lip balm with the sunscreen in it, and if you urgently need to buy something to put on your lips, then that might be the best option at your local grocery store

by Irina Bernetckite

I’m a big lip balm fan and at this point of my life I have about 7 of them. I hate it when my lips get chapped and I really get all the OCD symptoms, when it comes to moisturizing my lips. However, I don’t really like trying the popular lip balms that everybody is using and I love to give a chance to the less popular ones. But Carmex has been around for a really long time and lots of girls swear by it, so at some point I just wanted to try it myself and see if it was as good as people are saying it is.
  • Carmex classic lip balm medicated (in a stick)
  • I really don’t think I need to say where you can buy it, because they sell litterally everywhere. All the drugstores, all the grocery stores and the gas stations: Carmex is everywhere! It costs about $2, so it’s super affordable too.

• Carmex classic lip balm medicated (in a stick)
  • It comes in 3 forms: a stick, a tube and a jar. I picked a stick, because I really don’t like sticking fingers into a lip balm and then putting it on my face, it also gets stuck under your nails, so I don’t know who actually likes using the lip balm that comes in a jar. I think Carmex lip balms are internationally known as the medicated lip balms and I believe that it actually contributes to some of its success. It’s crazy how people find medicated things appealing, as if we all like being sick and constantly look for a medication.

• Carmex classic lip balm medicated (in a stick)
  • This lip balm also contains some sunscreen, which is actually really important for summer and we often forget that. The skin on our lips is very thin and gentle and it also suffers from the heat. Carmex is a cruelty-free brand, but their products aren’t vegan, they use lanolin and beeswax in their lipbalms. Those are actually 2 pretty moisturizing ingredients and along with paraffin and cacao butter they should really overload your lips with moisture, but I wasn’t, in fact, that impressed with it: I’ve tried better. I also wonder why they added salicylic acid to it, since that’s a pretty drying thing.

• Carmex classic lip balm medicated (in a stick)
  • Carmex doesn’t have any tint to it, but it does have a really strong “medication smell”. It smells like some sort of ointment and I guess that lip balm isn’t the best to put on before kissing someone, because I don’t know anybody who would find that smell nice.

• Carmex classic lip balm medicated (in a stick)
  • I have to admit: Carmex does feel really nice on the lips. It instantly smoothes the surface and leaves your lips feeling nice and soft. But I honestly don’t think that I’ll buy it again. The moisturizing effect doesn’t last that long on my lips and there’re other lip balms that I use in the same conditions and they work a lot better (and smell nicer).

Overall, Carmex is a nice and affordable lip balm with the sunscreen in it, and if you urgently need to buy something to put on your lips, then that might be the best option at your local grocery store. But I personally think that there are much better options out there that you can try.

Gemwil Mendoza says :

There was a time when my lips got badly chapped due to wearing matte liquid lipsticks without proper lip prepping. My lips were already feeling painful and were at the verge of cracking and bleeding, it was that horrible of an experience.I tried the usual lip balms that I have been accustomed to and they didn’t work until I came across Carmex and well, it has become a staple in my arsenal of makeup and skin care products hahaha and I always recommend it to others who have lip chapping problems. Carmex always saves the day for me, well, when it comes to chapped lips that is

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3115091660840830/k2311a0915/9.15.17