Mo’s Irish Pub  » Restaurants  »
23511 Katy Fwy, Katy, TX 77494
  • Those are our favorite kind of pubs due to their special atmosphere and spirit, along with the food and drinks that are traditionally served there
  • Mo's Irish pub seemed to be the only one in Katy area and according to Yelp reviews it wasn't bad at all
  • If you've ever been to a real one, you'll know what I mean
  • They don't really have much Irish alcohol in there, there's no legendary Kilkenny, for example
  • It's not a real Irish pub, but it's a good place to go on a Friday night or even in Monday daytime, the atmosphere doesn't depend on the time of the day around there, so definitely pay a visit if you're ever in the area

by Irina Bernetckite

Every time me and my boyfriend move to a new place we search for a new Irish pub. Those are our favorite kind of pubs due to their special atmosphere and spirit, along with the food and drinks that are traditionally served there. Mo’s Irish pub seemed to be the only one in Katy area and according to Yelp reviews it wasn’t bad at all. We’ve already been there at least 5 times and I have quite a lot to say about it.
  • Mo's Irish Pub
  • First of all, I’ve got to say that it’s NOT an Irish pub. Yes, it does say that it is in its name, it’s all green and they have Guinness on the menu, but it doesn’t make it an Irish pub. The pub from the inside looks like any classic American bar and has nothing Irish in it, except for the green color, but that’s such a cliche. Seriously, have you ever seen an Irish pub with tons of tv screens showing a baseball game? I haven’t. Irish pubs are cozy, with the walls covered in all kinds of wall art, posters and signs, rather dark and usually small. If you’ve ever been to a real one, you’ll know what I mean.

They don’t really have much Irish alcohol in there, there’s no legendary Kilkenny, for example. They also don’t serve Guinness the right way. Look at the picture: you see the bubbles on the surface? Those are not supposed to be there. Plus, they always serve it when the foam already started going down, meaning that the beer was poured into the glass at least 5 minutes ago and Guinness has to be drunk within 20 Minutes after it’s been poured (it’s a tricky drink, isn’t it?). There’s a few other things, but I don’t want to ramble about it here.

• Mo's Irish Pub
  • But I’m not saying it’s a bad place though. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have gone there so many times. I love the atmosphere in there: friendly staff that’s willing to help you, fast service, even during the busy hours, “Happy Hour” that allows you to pay 4 times less for your favorite beer and really delicious food with a lot of cool options. I also met a lot of cool people in there. Seriously, all the girls I’ve talked to in a restroom were the coolest gals! This place is actually a chain and as far as I know, they have 3 locations around Houston, but I’ve only been to the one on Katy Freeway.

• Mo's Irish Pub
  • The menu has all the standard American foods, although, to be honest, Irish pub’s menu isn’t much different: same burgers, fish and chips, tortillas and steaks. I really loved their Jameson salmon, I ate it twice and it was amazing. Black bean burger is a really cool vegetarian option, and actually the best vegetarian burger I’ve tried yet. My boyfriend tried their popular “Mo’s burger” and he said it was “over the top amazing”. He does love burgers and tries different ones out a lot and if he says that the burger is amazing then it’s gotta be actually good.

• Mo's Irish Pub
  • The prices are quite standard, I’d say. A burger costs around $10 and most appetizers would be about $5. They also have this “Happy Hour” thing going on, when you can get a beer for $2 from 3pm to 7pm, but, unfortunately, it doesn’t apply to all beers. They also have live music playing at 9 pm every Friday night and I’ve witnessed 2 live performances myself, both were actually worth listening to. They invite the bands that play and sing the well-known hits from the 80’s, 70’s or the other good music eras. However, if you want to sit close to the scene, you should book the place in advance. You can actually do that through Yelp or their website.

• Mo's Irish Pub
  • The pub is always crowded. I mean, I haven’t been their in the morning time, but starting from the lunch time till late at night the place is always packed with beer-lovers and people who just love the bar food (like myself).

Overall, I really love it there. It’s not a real Irish pub, but it’s a good place to go on a Friday night or even in Monday daytime, the atmosphere doesn’t depend on the time of the day around there, so definitely pay a visit if you’re ever in the area.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 712091660810830/k2311a0912/9.12.17