Quaker Instant Oatmeal Maple&Brown Sugar (lower sugar)
  • However, sometimes I don't even have time to cook the oatmeal in the morning due to different reasons, but that's usually me oversleeping
  • Maybe it's not the helthiest option, but it's the best quick breakfast option for me
  • I've tried different instant oatmeals, but usually the problem with them is the sugar
  • When I saw that my favourite oatmeal brand also makes the lower sugar instant oatmeal versions, I bought it right away, especially knowing that I'm gonna be travelling soon and instant oatmeal is actually a great option when you travel and don't want to give up your oatmeal
  • It still seems too sweet to me, but not as sweet as the regular instant oatmeal, especially when you mix it with some fruit

by Irina Bernetckite

Oatmeal is my go-to breakfast: it tastes great (if cooked right), it doesn’t take much time to cook, it’s healthy, it suites most people’s needs (it’s usually vegan, it’s gluten free and I don’t know anybody who’s allergic to oatmeal) and it’s cheap. Seriously, is there a better breakfast option? However, sometimes I don’t even have time to cook the oatmeal in the morning due to different reasons, but that’s usually me oversleeping. And here the instant oatmeal comes in handy. Maybe it’s not the helthiest option, but it’s the best quick breakfast option for me.
  • Quaker Instant Oatmeal Maple&Brown Sugar (lower sugar)
  • I’ve tried different instant oatmeals, but usually the problem with them is the sugar. It’s usually over 10 gramms per a little pouch, which is crazy! And it’s not just a health concern, they’re really too sweet to my liking. When I saw that my favourite oatmeal brand also makes the lower sugar instant oatmeal versions, I bought it right away, especially knowing that I’m gonna be travelling soon and instant oatmeal is actually a great option when you travel and don’t want to give up your oatmeal. It retails for about $4-5 and I picked it up at CVS, but I’ve also seen those boxes at Randall’s and other supermarkets.

• Quaker Instant Oatmeal Maple&Brown Sugar (lower sugar)
  • Every pouch is 120 calories, which is almost as much as a serving of rolled oats, however, it’s a much smaller portion, so there is got to be about 1/3 calories that come from sugar. This lower sugar oatmeal is 4 gramms of sugar per pouch, compared to 12 gramms of sugar in the original maple and brown sugar version of it. However, the original version is 43 gramms and this lower sugar one is 34 gramms, so it’s a little bit unfair. If we do some basic math and count the macros on even terms, we’ll see that 43 gramms of the lower sugar oatmeal would be a little over 5 gramms of sugar. However, it’s still twice lower in sugar, which isn’t bad.

• Quaker Instant Oatmeal Maple&Brown Sugar (lower sugar)
  • Each box contains 10 pouches of instant oatmeal that are actually really small, you might wanna have 2 of those. Yet, the fact that they’re small makes it easier to put a few in your bag when you travel or are going to have your oatmeal at school or at work.

• Quaker Instant Oatmeal Maple&Brown Sugar (lower sugar)
  • The oats look exactly like the quick Quaker oats, if not smaller. Even though there’re rolled oats in the ingredients, these are not the same as the rolled oats that you buy in a big box at the store. However, you can’t expect that from the instant oats, the rolled oats would never cook in 1 minute.

• Quaker Instant Oatmeal Maple&Brown Sugar (lower sugar)
  • I make this oatmeal with water and add a whole banana and some cinnamon to it to make it more nutritious and add some calories since 120 isn’t enough. My boyfriend eats 2 pouches of it with some milk and banana and he also loves it. It still seems too sweet to me, but not as sweet as the regular instant oatmeal, especially when you mix it with some fruit.

To sum it up, I have to say that this is my favourite instant oatmeal so far. It’s great to take with you when you travel and it’s also great to have when you’re late, but you still want to have something hot and relatively healthy for breakfast.

Jose Juan says :

re : It still seems too sweet to me, but not as sweet as the regular instant oatmeal, especially when you mix it with some fruit
Yeah, oatmeal with fruit it healthy and it can be prepared quick. I always mix it with bananas, apple or papaya. It s delicious

Elaine says :

It’s great for mornings because it does not take too long to make

B. M Arnold says :

Yeah, it is sweet I don’t have to add my normal two sugar substitutes like with the regular unflavored oatmeal.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 278091660790630/k2311a098/9.8.17