Alpro plain yogurt alternative with almond  » Food  »
  • I'm just gonna say that I'm not a vegan, so I remember very well how the dairy tastes, meaning that I can give an objective assessment to a dairy sunstitute
  • I've tried a few different brands that make vegan yogurts, but Alpro is so far my favourite
  • Unfortuntely, Alpro is nowhere to find in the US, at least I haven't seen it anywhere, but if you know where to find it - let me know
  • I love the original greek yogurt with no sugar added, however, I haven't seen a lot of plain yogurt alternatives and the coconut one by So Delicious that I've tried wasn't really good
  • I've never tried an almond-flavoured yogurt before and I actually regret that since it's the best flavour combinaton ever

by Irina Bernetckite

Hey there! I used to explain why I eat vegan products in every intro of my review, but that’s not gonna happen anymore. I’m just gonna say that I’m not a vegan, so I remember very well how the dairy tastes, meaning that I can give an objective assessment to a dairy sunstitute. I’ve tried a few different brands that make vegan yogurts, but Alpro is so far my favourite.
  • Alpro plain yogurt alternative with almond
  • Unfortuntely, Alpro is nowhere to find in the US, at least I haven’t seen it anywhere, but if you know where to find it - let me know. I love the original greek yogurt with no sugar added, however, I haven’t seen a lot of plain yogurt alternatives and the coconut one by So Delicious that I’ve tried wasn’t really good. So now that I’m in Finland I could get my hands on the Alpro yogurt, however, I still didn’t pick the very plain one, I actually took the one with almonds. But don’t get it wrong, it’s still a soy yogurt and almonds are here for the flavour.

• Alpro plain yogurt alternative with almond
  • This yogurt is pretty low in calories - 54 calories per 100 gramms. And since it’s all in swedish or finnish, I’m also gonna list the macros in here. So it’s 2,8 gramms of fat, 3,9 gramms of protein and 2,3 gramms of carbs, 2,2 gramms of sugar and 1,1 gramms of fiber. All of the nutritional information is given for an amount of 100 gramms, which is much more convenient than the information given for a random serving size.

• Alpro plain yogurt alternative with almond
  • As for the ingredients, I’m just going to insert the screenshot from the UK Alpro website since it’s really hard to translate the ingredients list like that.

• Alpro plain yogurt alternative with almond
  • It’s 100% vegan (as are all Alpro products) and the ingredients list looks pretty good to me. It’s also fortified with vitamins, which is a normal thing for a dairy substitute.

• Alpro plain yogurt alternative with almond
  • The yogurt itself looks very legit. It’s super creamy and smooth, there are no lumps or anything like that and the texture is very similar to a regular yogurt. Though, most of the yogurts in the US are thicker due to the added starch.

• Alpro plain yogurt alternative with almond
  • It tastes and smells like Marzipan and I know that some people really don’t like it, but I love it and I love this yogurt too! It tastes amazing, I really couldn’t tell the difference between this yogurt alternative and a regular dairy yogurt. I’ve never tried an almond-flavoured yogurt before and I actually regret that since it’s the best flavour combinaton ever. By the way, there’s no weird aftertaste and I couldn’t feel the soy at all.

Overall, this yogurt is 10 out of 10, though you’re not gonna like it as much if you don’t like Marzipan. But if you do, try it and you will fall in love with it just like I did.

karmen says :

photos make the product looks gluey and not appetizing.

Review is hard to read.

adewumi alfred says :

re : Unfortuntely, Alpro is nowhere to find in the US, at least I haven’t seen it anywhere, but if you know where to find it - let me know
I Havent Seen Alpro In The US.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 277091660780530/k2311a097/9.7.17