So Delicious Coconutmilk Butter Pecan ice-cream (No sugar added)  » Food  »
  • I love the ice-cream and I've tried all kinds of it
  • This one looked interesting to me since that seems to be the only low-sugar vegan ice-cream
  • I purchased this ice-cream at Walmart, it was something about $5 for the pint
  • I've tried the regular So Delicious ice-cream and it was quiet good, especially the coconut milk one
  • Overall, I'll give this ice-cream a 6, because it isn't completely bad

by Irina Bernetckite

I love the ice-cream and I’ve tried all kinds of it: regular cream-based, low-calorie, low-sugar, low-carb, low-fat, vegan. But never have I tried vegan ice-cream with no sugar in it. This one looked interesting to me since that seems to be the only low-sugar vegan ice-cream. I picked the “Butter Pecan” because it sounded really good.
  • So Delicious Coconutmilk Butter Pecan ice-cream (No sugar added)
  • I purchased this ice-cream at Walmart, it was something about $5 for the pint. I’ve tried the regular So Delicious ice-cream and it was quiet good, especially the coconut milk one. However, So Delicious has an incredible ability to surprise me with a very good product and then disapoint me with a really bad one (you’ll see that if you read my other reviews on their products).

• So Delicious Coconutmilk Butter Pecan ice-cream (No sugar added)
  • It’s pretty low in calories, comparing to other vegan ice-creams, especially the chunky ones. However, it’s same in calories as the original coconutmilk ice-cream, so if you’re watching youк calories, the original one would actually be a better choice, but I’ll explain that a bit later.

• So Delicious Coconutmilk Butter Pecan ice-cream (No sugar added)
  • The ice-cream is also super high in fiber, but that’s mainly because of the chicory root extract in the ingredients, so that doesn’t really count. It’s also high in saturated fat, but so are the coconuts, which, I suppose, makes it okay to consume.

• So Delicious Coconutmilk Butter Pecan ice-cream (No sugar added)
  • The ingredients list is prettyshort and there are no qustionable ingredients in there. The swetener they use is erythritol and also there is a monk fruit extract, however, it goes last in the ingredients.

• So Delicious Coconutmilk Butter Pecan ice-cream (No sugar added)
  • And now, let’s get into the most important part: the taste. At first it tasted pretty good, I thought I would finish the whole pint, but that changed really quickly. There’s lots of pecan chunks, which is awesome (unless you’re allergic to pecans) and the ice-cream itself is really creamy. However, after a few teaspoons I started tasting the “zero calorie sweetener”, you know how those have the weird aftertaste, nobody likes that.

• So Delicious Coconutmilk Butter Pecan ice-cream (No sugar added)
  • I mean, I still finished the pint, but it took me more time. This ice-cream isn’t too bad, but I won’t purchase it again. It might be good in a milkshake, if you use sweetened plant-based milk. You can also top a waffle or a baked apple with it, because in small amounts the taste of erythritol isn’t that noticable.

Overall, I’ll give this ice-cream a 6, because it isn’t completely bad. It can be used as a topping or in a recipe, but on it’s own it just tastes very artificial, living you with that “Sweet N Low” aftertaste. I guess you shouldn’t fall for no-sugar ice-cream, that might be just impossible to start with.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 277091660770530/k2311a097/9.7.17