Justin’s mini Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups  » Food  »
  • I'm a huge peanut butter fan and everything peanut butter flavoured immediately goes into my cart
  • I really love Reese's peanut butter cups, however, I've been hearing a lot about Justin's Dark Chocolate peanut butter cups lately, which are also organic, lower in sugar and vegan
  • I haven't seen them anywhere, but a few days ago I stumbled upon a pack of those miniatures at H-E-B and I took them right away, without looking at the price
  • These cups are 210 calories per a serving of 3 pieces or 40 gramms, it's a little lower in sugar than Reese's Dark Chocolate PB cups, but the difference only makes a few gramms, which I can't call significant
  • We live ones, treat yourself and buy the best candy out there

by Irina Bernetckite

I’m a huge peanut butter fan and everything peanut butter flavoured immediately goes into my cart. I really love Reese’s peanut butter cups, however, I’ve been hearing a lot about Justin’s Dark Chocolate peanut butter cups lately, which are also organic, lower in sugar and vegan. I haven’t seen them anywhere, but a few days ago I stumbled upon a pack of those miniatures at H-E-B and I took them right away, without looking at the price.
  • Justin's mini Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
  • The whole pack was about $6, which is quite a lot, considering how small it is. You can buy a pack of Reese’s for the same price and have around 5 times more cups. But these are the only vegan peanut butter cups that are also made with organic ingredients and cane sugar.

• Justin's mini Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
  • These cups are 210 calories per a serving of 3 pieces or 40 gramms, it’s a little lower in sugar than Reese’s Dark Chocolate PB cups, but the difference only makes a few gramms, which I can’t call significant. Other macros look pretty much the same: fats are same, protein is same, carbs are same and they are basically almost identical if you compare the nutritional information.

• Justin's mini Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
  • However, all the ingredients in Justin’s peanut butter cups are organic and there’s no refined sugars or artificial sweeteners.

• Justin's mini Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
  • One pack contains only 3,5 servings, which makes 11 cups in total. One pack of dark chocolate Reese’s of the same price contains 8 servings and one serving is 5 cups, which makes it 40 cups per pack.

• Justin's mini Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
  • But no matter how much cheaper the Reese’s peanut butter cups turn out to be - the Justin’s peanut butter cups are sooo much better. The chocolate tastes very good, kind of like dark Lindt chocolate, and the peanut butter tastes very good too, actually it tastes exactly like Justin’s peanut butter, which is one of the best peanut butters you can find at the store. And don’t get me wrong, Reese’s PB cups are still really good, but Justin’s ones are just divine.

• Justin's mini Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
  • However, the portion size feels like it’s not enough. I was tempted to eat the whole pack right away. These mini cups are really small and really really good, you might not notice how you eat the whole thing.

Overall, I really recommend to try these peanut butter cups to everyone who loves peanut butter. And not because they’re organic or because they are supposedly healthier and better for you: they’re still a treat that has to be eaten in moderation, but they’re really delicious and even though I feel bad about spending so much money on an unhealthy candy - I’m heading back to the store to get another pack. We live ones, treat yourself and buy the best candy out there!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2731081660730431/k2311a0831/8.31.17