Elf Lifting Concealer  » Cosmetics  »
  • And I found a few nice ones, but, unfortunately, this one is not one of them
  • However, this is the third Elf concealer that I'm trying and once again - it's no luck
  • This concealer only costs $3, which is probably the lowest price for a concealer at CVS and other drugstores
  • I think that Elf actually did a good job with their packaging
  • Overall, I'll give this concealer 6 out of 10, since it's not that bad for a $3 concealer, especially if you find your match

by Irina Bernetckite

I’ve been looking for an inexpensive cruelty-free concealer for about a year now and I’ve tried quite a few already. And I found a few nice ones, but, unfortunately, this one is not one of them. I like Elf Cosmetics. It’s super affordable, cruelty-free and they have a huge selection of makeup, sometimes it feels like they try to get it all and make a dupe for every popular makeup item out there.
  • Elf Lifting Concealer
  • However, this is the third Elf concealer that I’m trying and once again - it’s no luck. This concealer only costs $3, which is probably the lowest price for a concealer at CVS and other drugstores. The colour range is not very impressive though: they only sell it in 3 colours: Fair, Light and Medium.

• Elf Lifting Concealer
  • I picked up the lightest colour in their range - Fair, because I’m pale as hell. It still looked a little dark to me, but I got a little tanner this summer, so I figured that it could actually be a good match.

• Elf Lifting Concealer
  • I think that Elf actually did a good job with their packaging. It doesn’t look that cheap and actualy reminds me of Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer. The applicator is pretty much the same as the applicator on all the drugstore concealers. It’s fine, we all know that it doesn’t matter what the applicator looks or feels like, it still has to be blended.

• Elf Lifting Concealer
  • This concealer is not the worst one, but it oxydises like crazy. It went from vanilla colour to this medium kind of colour in no time. I tried blending with a foundation, tried mixing it with a lighter concealer, but it didn’t work.

• Elf Lifting Concealer
  • I’d say that it’s medium coverage, but it creases a lot, so I couldn’t use it underneath my eyes. Actually, I couldn’t use it at all, it still doesn’t match my skin colour. I tried doing a little nose contouring with it, but I still found it a little orangy for that. This concealer might work if you find your match, it can be a good blemish-covering concealer, plus it does cover the redness.

Overall, I’ll give this concealer 6 out of 10, since it’s not that bad for a $3 concealer, especially if you find your match. But it has a very poor colour range, it creases and it oxydises. You can work with it, but it’s not gonna be the easiest product to work with and there are much better concealers to try out there.

Mai Ger Vang says :

re : Overall, I’ll give this concealer 6 out of 10, since it’s not that bad for a $3 concealer, especially if you find your match
I wished it had more shades. It s a light coverage concealer, if you have dry skin, this will show dry patches so make sure to moisturize and exfoliate.

Stacey says :

I agree I wish they had more shades with different undertones not everyone is pink undertone. Great tip on moisturizing and exfoliating first

Galega says :

Skin type and color matters when it comes to a concealer. This one is obviously not recommended for users having dry skin.

charlotte bradshaw says :

I love this concealer. I utilize it as my foundation. Simply a little on each cheek and also some blending functions wonders I can not use regular structure because of problems with completely dry and sensitive skin. E.L.F triggers no aggravation to my skin as well as is fantastically light. I must suggest it takes time to settle with skin, but you should try it, it is light and good concealer.

Stacey says :

That is such a great tip. I never thought of using a concealer as a foundation, but I will now

charlotte bradshaw says :

If your skin is oily, you can use some baby power first and then apply concealer, it looks flawless and amazing radiant at the same time.

Nicole Alexandra Vorhies says :

I think this E.L.F. concealer is good for a $ 3 concealer. It is very creamy and provided good coverage with out drying or looking cakey. However, this concealer does not last all day and its hard to find a perfect shade to match your skin especially if you have fair to light skin like I do.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3125081660660931/k2311a0825/8.25.17