myFitnessPal app  » Software  »
  • I do find it weird since it seems like health and fitness are well-marketed products and not the essentials that have always been around
  • There's quite a lot of calorie-counting apps, I've tried maybe 5 and this one is still my favourite
  • And it's not like $12 is a lot, but I still think that they should cut the price in half
  • It really does help with building a better relationship with your body and it can't get any more convenient than that

by Irina Bernetckite

There has been a lot of fuss around being healthy, watching your diet and eating well. I do find it weird since it seems like health and fitness are well-marketed products and not the essentials that have always been around. But that good marketing for health really comes in handy, because it contributed to the appearance of such great apps as Myfitnesspal. There’s quite a lot of calorie-counting apps, I’ve tried maybe 5 and this one is still my favourite.
  • Myfitnesspal app
  • Myfitnesspal is not just an app, but it’s also a website, where you can actually find some helpful posts about diets, exercising, healthy lifestyle etc. You can use the app for free for as much as you want, but it has a premium version that is about $12 per month. And it’s not like $12 is a lot, but I still think that they should cut the price in half.

• Myfitnesspal app
  • This app has been around for quite a long time and I think that it makes it superior to others since it already has a huge database of foods. The app also allows you to create your own recipes and count the calories in it, which I LOVE. I haven’t seen another app that would allow me to do the same thing yet, so that’s another superiority that it has over others.

• Myfitnesspal app
  • I’m not trying to lose weight now, but the app really helped me in the past to lose about 15 pounds. I still play around with it once in a while to see my ratio of protein, carbs and fats or see how much sugar I consume. But I want to warn everyone, who hasn’t tried to count their calories yet: it can get addictive and it’s important to remember that life doesn’t revolve around the calories and macros. Eating perfectly is very unnecessary for a generally healthy living, plus getting obsessed with it really won’t make anybody happier.

• Myfitnesspal app
  • Myfitnesspal makes it really convenient to use, it can even send you reminders to log in your meals or step on the scale, but only if you need those. What I’m saying is that this app really helps you stay on track through your weight loss or weight gain/ muscle gain journey.

• Myfitnesspal app
  • When you register in the app, it asks you questions about your weight, your height, your goals and your physical activity levels to set the right goals for you.

• Myfitnesspal app
  • However, you can still adjust your goals if you feel like you need more or less calories, plus you can change your ratio of carbs, protein and fat however you like it. You’re really in charge here.

This app is really great if you’re trying to gain or lose weight, maybe gain muscle or just start eating healthier. It also gives you a better understanding of your body since that’s kinda like a food diary, where you can track what you ate and see how it made you feel. It really does help with building a better relationship with your body and it can’t get any more convenient than that.

B. M Arnold says :

I live by the FitnessPal app to track my daily calories. It helps me stay accountable to my personal trainer and nutritionist. I’m required to give percentages as to how much I stuck to his meal plan instructions, and this allows me to accurately calculate those rates. I like that I can sync it and my Fitbit. The only thing I noticed is there are restaurant franchises in my city whose nutrition facts are unavailable However, I try to chose a similar restaurant as a substitute.

Tracy says :

re : It really does help with building a better relationship with your body and it can’t get any more convenient than that
I have had myfitnesspal app for years now and I love it. I have tried other calorie tracking services but this one is the easiest to use and I love that it is free I also like that you can customize it to your goals of how much weight you want to lose per week as well as if you are counting carbs, etc. I would highly recommend it

Galega says :

There is no denying that myFitnessPal App is a great mobile application for tracking health. It is even more useful for people who are looking to lose weight. However, calling it a completely free app may not be true. The basic version is free. And, it contains almost everything that we need. However, there is a premium version also which is not free. Premium costs $ 9.99 per month or $ 49.99 per year. With a free account, you can track food and calories, activity, weight, and a few other metrics. Premium section contains no ads. It also gives personalized data on health of the users as well as holistic meal and calorie recommendation.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3024081660650731/k2311a0824/8.24.17