Quaker 100% Whole Grain Old Fashioned Oats  » Food  »
  • Oatmeal for breakfast is probably one of the best things the mankind has ever invented
  • I don't really like savoury breakfast foods and the oatmeal is my favourite thing to eat, and not just for breakfast
  • But recently, I also started baking with oat flour, that's like the easiest and most convenient alternative to the all-purpose flour that you can make yourself
  • So oats are the must in my house and I found my perfect oats pretty quickly after I moved to the US
  • I recommend them to everyone, who loves oatmeal

by Irina Bernetckite

Oatmeal for breakfast is probably one of the best things the mankind has ever invented. I don’t really like savoury breakfast foods and the oatmeal is my favourite thing to eat, and not just for breakfast. That alone makes chosing the best oats a very important thing for me. But recently, I also started baking with oat flour, that’s like the easiest and most convenient alternative to the all-purpose flour that you can make yourself. So oats are the must in my house and I found my perfect oats pretty quickly after I moved to the US.
  • Quaker 100% Whole Grain Old Fashioned Oats
  • Rolled oats are my favourite kind, I always get them. I tried a few other brands before buying the famous oats with a very appealing man on the package. I don’t remember the names of the brands, but I bought them at Kroger, which was the closest store at the time. And they were good, don’t get me wrong, there’s no much difference between the oats of different brands, but I genuinely like the Quaker oats more.

• Quaker 100% Whole Grain Old Fashioned Oats
  • So why do I think that these oats are better? They always seem fresh, especially compared to cheap oats, which seem a little bit dry and they also seem to have lots of oat “dust” in them. Quaker oats also seem to have better texture, they don’t get too mushy after 10 minutes, which some oats do and that’s annoying. I love my oats to have a nice texture.

• Quaker 100% Whole Grain Old Fashioned Oats
  • I use 1/2 cup for most of my recipes. It’s a perfect amount for 1 serving of oats and it also makes enough for about 1/3 cup of oat flour.

• Quaker 100% Whole Grain Old Fashioned Oats
  • The best thing about the oatmeal is that there is over a 1000 ways of making it. You can make it any flavour you want. Lately I’ve been obsessed with the chocolate oatmeal. It’s just 1/2 cup of oats, 1/2 cup of almond milk, some stevia and 1 tbsp of unsweetened chocolate powder. Here in the picture I have only half of the portion. But it’s amazing, you shoulв кн it if you love chocolate.

• Quaker 100% Whole Grain Old Fashioned Oats
  • The other thing I do with oats is the oat-banana cookies. Those are the simplified version of regular oatmeal cookies, they are also healthier, it’s just 2 bananas, 1/2 cup of oats and a tablespoon of cinnamon. I do that almost every time when my bananas get too ripe. I mash the bananas, mix everyhing together and bake them for about 20 minutes.

• Quaker 100% Whole Grain Old Fashioned Oats
  • They don’t look very appetizing , but they are just delicious, chewy and perfect for a healthy snack.

Overall, these oats are 10 out of 10. I recommend them to everyone, who loves oatmeal.

T. A. Writer says :

re : Oatmeal for breakfast is probably one of the best things the mankind has ever invented
I agree. Oatmeal is a great choice of food because it has lots of fiber in it. It can keep you regular, not to mention it tastes great with a little bit of sugar and butter. I usually buy the instant oatmeal, but it’s better to go ahead and get the kind that you have to cook for a few minutes.

Irina Bernetckite replies :

They say steel-cut oats are the best, but those take an insane amount of time to cook, nobody has time for that in the morning

Gagan sharma says :

Yes oatmeal for breakfast is the best meal and the healthiest.

B. M Arnold says :

Quaker oatmeal is literally my favorite breakfast food. I’ve eaten it since I was a kid now I eat it every morning. I recently signed up with a nutritionist and was happy to learn that oatmeal was apart of my meal plan the sad part is it has to be measured for calorie intake purposes. It gives me energy and I’m not as hungry at lunch after I’ve eaten it.

Irina Bernetckite replies :

Yay Oatmeal is awesome and you can get used to measuring it, a recommended serving size is actually enough to fill you up

Kiran sai says :

Yes it is always preferable to take it as an breakfast

Irina replies :

It’s great for lunch or dinner too though

Kas says :

If you want people to read drom the picture then make sure its legible

Irina replies :

I know, I messed up and uploaded the wrong picture, didn’t notice till they published it

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2723081660610931/k2311a0823/8.23.17