Nature’s Bounty Melatonin
  • I can recall how horrible that felt and I wish I knew about sleep supplements and calming breathing techniques back then
  • Melatonin is not a sleeping pill and it's not supposed to be addictive, so it's a much safer way to make yourself drowsy and fall asleep faster
  • I used to take 3 mg and usually one capsule was enough, so I thought that a 5 mg pill would be more than enough for me, but it turned out to be the opposite
  • And I know that Melatonin is not a 100% solution, so I didn't jump straight to conclusions
  • But I won't be purchasing it again and I don't recommend it

by Irina Bernetckite

How many of us struggle with falling asleep once in a while? Probably about 99% of us do. We all have our stressed, deadlines and all that stuff that just doesn’t let our minds rest. Plus we always mess up our sleep schedule on holidays. In High School I used to do that terrible all-nighter thing to get back on track: after the long holidays I would stay up all night and go to school all tired to fall asleep early the next day. I can recall how horrible that felt and I wish I knew about sleep supplements and calming breathing techniques back then.
  • Nature's Bounty Melatonin
  • Happily, I discovered Melatonin soon after I entered university and that helped me A LOT. Melatonin is not a sleeping pill and it’s not supposed to be addictive, so it’s a much safer way to make yourself drowsy and fall asleep faster. I used to order Now Foods Melatonin in Veggie Capsules from iherb but since I’m in the US now I could go to the store and pick up some melatonin myself. Well, actually, I sent my boyfriend to the store to get it. I beleve he bought it at Walmart for around $6.

• Nature's Bounty Melatonin
  • This is a 5 mg melatonin softgels. I used to take 3 mg and usually one capsule was enough, so I thought that a 5 mg pill would be more than enough for me, but it turned out to be the opposite. I took 1 pill when I had a hard time falling asleep for no reason and it didn’t work. And I know that Melatonin is not a 100% solution, so I didn’t jump straight to conclusions.

• Nature's Bounty Melatonin
  • I tried taking it again when I was stressed and it didn’t work either. I took 2 softgels to fall asleep on the plain later and that didn’t work as well. I was meaning to buy some other brand’s melatonin to see if it would work, but one night I couldn’t fall asleep AT ALL. I tried everything and at 4 am I still wasn’t sleeping. So I just made that irrational decision to take 3 softgels and it worked. I know that it’s not a smart thing to do. but I guess that somehow this melatonin is absorbing worse or maybe is lower quality, but it really doesn’t work for me, when I take a recommended serving size, even when I double it.

• Nature's Bounty Melatonin
  • I don’t think I’ll be taking this supplement anymore, so if you have any suggestions for a melatonin or another sleeping supplement - live those in the comments.

• Nature's Bounty Melatonin
  • This supplement has good ratings on different pharmaceutical websites, but so do pretty much all the pills on those websites, so it doesn’t look realistic to me.

Overall, I can’t say that the supplement is good or bad, based just on my opinion. But I won’t be purchasing it again and I don’t recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3422081660600931/k2311a0822/8.22.17