Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey protein cookies n creme  » Health  »
  • I don't want to go deep into the theoty, because all I know is a result of online search
  • They come in different flavours and the one I have is Cookies n Creme , but we'll get back to the taste later
  • Isolate is supposed to be the purest form of whey, meaning that it has the highest percentage of protein in it
  • This protein uses both isolate and concentrate, which digest and absorb realtively fast and are the best after the workout
  • It's up to you to decide whether you want to try it or not, but I do think that it's not a bad opton, considering its price and availability

by Irina Bernetckite

Hi there! Today I want to review something incredibly popular nowadays: protein powder. I also want to say something before I start: I’m not a nutritionist, professional athlete or anything like that. My boyfriend actually works on gaining muscle and that’s why he purchased this protein powder. And I’m just a curious soul and I’ve always been curious about this supplement since the whole protein propaganda started, so I interviewed my boyfriend, did some research and tried the protein powder myself to see how it works and now I’m gonna share my opinion with you.
  • Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey protein cookies n creme
  • So this particular protein powder is a whey protein powder, which seems to be the most popilar choice due to different reasons. This paricular brand’s protein powder retails for $17-20 at most grocery stores. I don’t want to go deep into the theoty, because all I know is a result of online search. so if you’re seeking professional advice - this is not what you’re looking for. They come in different flavours and the one I have is “Cookies n Creme”, but we’ll get back to the taste later.

• Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey protein cookies n creme
  • According to the bodybuilding websites, there’s no need to examine the nutrition facts very carefully. The only thing almost every website recommends is to make sure that the protein powder has at least 20 gramms of protein per serving. And this one has 30 gramms per 1 scoop serving and 60 gramms per 2 scoops serving, which suites the criterion.

• Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey protein cookies n creme
  • There are 3 types of whey protein: isolate, concentrate and casein. Isolate is supposed to be the “purest” form of whey, meaning that it has the highest percentage of protein in it. This protein uses both isolate and concentrate, which digest and absorb realtively fast and are the best after the workout. One thing that’s important to me is the sweetener they use. This particular protein powder uses refined sugar and sucralose. And while the sugar amount per serving is not high, I’d still rather have some sort of natural sweetener in my supplement.

• Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey protein cookies n creme
  • So now lets talk about things like blendability, digestability and, of course, the taste. I tried blending this protein powder differently. I used the spoon and it didn’t work that well, there was a lot of precipitate at the bottom that didn’t dissolve. I tried it using a shaker and that was much better, but my favourite way to do it is to mix it in with something like Kefir in the blender. As for digestability, neither me nor my boyfriend experienced any digestion issues after taking this supplement, but that, obviously, doesn’t mean that this protein won’t cause any issues for other people.

• Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey protein cookies n creme
  • As for the taste - it’s definitely not my favourite. It’s not disgusting, but it’s too sweet to my liking and I prefer “muting” the taste of it with something else. My bf though quite enjoys it. As for the results, I can say that my boyfriend, who actually uses this for muscle gain, does see the result ( I see it too and it’s quite impressive). He’s been working out for 3 months now and he wasn’t taking any supplements for the first month and we didn’t see much of a muscle gain during that period. Now that he’s taking this protein powder drink after every workout, his body has become much more toned and the muscles have increased. I tried it a few times after a very intensive workout to speed up the recovery. And it did work! My muscles were not as sore the next day and the day after that I could workout again without any discomfort.

I can’t talk about the quality of this protein, but according to the general guidelines for buying protein powder that you can find online, this protein powder seems decent. It also gives the results that it promises. It’s up to you to decide whether you want to try it or not, but I do think that it’s not a bad opton, considering its price and availability.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3421081660520531/k2311a0821/8.21.17