Avalon Organics Intense Defense Facial Serums  » Cosmetics  »
2.5
  • I try a lot of facial serums and concentrates, because I think that those are actually more efficient than the classic creams and moisturizers
  • It's organic and cruelty-free, so I decided to give it a try
  • The first thing I noticed about this and the thing I really don't like is the strong artificial orange smell
  • Maybe it's just me, but I really hate the smell and I don't think it's a good scent for an organic skincare product
  • I won't purchase it again and I don't recommend it, there are much better products out there that can actually make your skin brighter

by Irina Bernetckite

I try a lot of facial serums and concentrates, because I think that those are actually more efficient than the classic creams and moisturizers. The active ingridients in a serum tend to penetrate the skin faster and it’s also beleived that the skin is more likely to absorb “serum type products” than a heavy moisturizer or oil. I’m also a bif beleiver in vitamin С and I’ve already tried like 5 different ones and I’ll try more.
  • Avalon Organics Intense Defense Facial Serums
  • This Avalon Organics serum had good reviews on iherb and this brand is generally highly rated. It’s organic and cruelty-free, so I decided to give it a try. The serum retails for about $17 and it can be found in most organic stores, as well as regular supermarkets, I got this one at Walmart.

• Avalon Organics Intense Defense Facial Serums
  • The ingridients list is quite long. There is a lot of oils, extracts, but the main moisturizing ingridient is still glycerin. The first thing I noticed about this and the thing I really don’t like is the strong artificial orange smell. It smells like one of those Vitamin С packets, but I’d say it’s much stronger and much worse. Maybe it’s just me, but I really hate the smell and I don’t think it’s a good scent for an organic skincare product. It smells cheap and just nasty.

• Avalon Organics Intense Defense Facial Serums
  • The serum comes in an airless container, which is good. That means you can’t put your fingers in the container and contaminate the product. However, I prefer the serums that come in a glass bottle with a dropper. But this one is fine too, especially considering the consistency of the product.

• Avalon Organics Intense Defense Facial Serums
  • The serum looks like a very light moisturizer that has been diluted. It absorbs really fast too, like the serum is supposed to. But it does leave a little bit of that sticky layer to the face, which is not very pleasant. I tried using it under the moisturizer at night and as a light daytime moisturizer. It works both ways, but I feel like it makes me oilier if I put it on in the morning. At some point I just want to go and wash my face, because something doesn’t feel right.

• Avalon Organics Intense Defense Facial Serums
  • It gives your skin that instant pretty glow, but it’s not because it does something magical to your skin, it’s just the serum itself that has some illuminating properties. But it looks nice on the bare skin though. It can make a nice base for a very light summer makeup with no foundation.

Overall, this is not a bad product. But I didn’t notice any effect and I’ve been using it for a month now. It didn’t make my skin smoother and brighter as it promises and the smell is a big repellant too. I won’t purchase it again and I don’t recommend it, there are much better products out there that can actually make your skin brighter.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3118081660470331/k2311a0818/8.18.17