Presto 02970 Professional Salad Shooter
  • I have been a fan of the Presto salad shooter for as long as I can remember because it shreds everything for me without me having to do by hand, which if you ask anyone is a tedious and sometimes difficult task in and of itself
  • For one thing the entire salad shooter is a lot bigger which allows for me to add more quantity of foods to shred, and even the accessories themselves are much larger making it easier to clean especially when I have shredded things like cheese that tends to stick inside the smallest crevice of the accessory blades
  • There is the original grater which I use for cheese, then there is one that is slotted which I mainly use for vegetables and fruits, there is a slotted one with groves which creates a pretty design in vegetables when shredding, and there is a round one which I still haven't figured out its use because I never use it
  • If you're someone who spends a lot of time in the kitchen from scratch, then I would highly recommend you go to either Walmart or Amazon and buy one before they are no longer in production because having it in the kitchen makes a huge difference in the way I cook

by ReadingBug

I have recently come into the possession of a new salad shooter thanks to my parents because the one I had before I have had since college, and it wasn’t on its last leg but I still needed to upgrade nonetheless. I have been a fan of the Presto salad shooter for as long as I can remember because it shreds everything for me without me having to do by hand, which if you ask anyone is a tedious and sometimes difficult task in and of itself.
  • Presto 02970 Professional Salad Shooter
  • The Presto 02970 professional salad shooter is definitely an upgrade from its predecessor. For one thing the entire salad shooter is a lot bigger which allows for me to add more quantity of foods to shred, and even the accessories themselves are much larger making it easier to clean especially when I have shredded things like cheese that tends to stick inside the smallest crevice of the accessory blades.

• Presto 02970 Professional Salad Shooter
  • Unlike my previous salad shooter, this one contains more shredding accessories. There is the original grater which I use for cheese, then there is one that is slotted which I mainly use for vegetables and fruits, there is a slotted one with groves which creates a pretty design in vegetables when shredding, and there is a round one which I still haven’t figured out its use because I never use it. All the attachments are easy to remove and switch out and I am glad of that because sometimes when companies are upgrading products they tend to throw the baby out with the bath water, and Presto maintained that design in the final product again.

• Presto 02970 Professional Salad Shooter
  • I like the size of the opening of the shredder because it allows for me to add large amounts of food which cuts down the time in that regard. With my old salad shooter I could never put a whole block of cheese in to grade, I would have to slice it in half. However, with the extra space I was able to grade a whole block of cheese. There is another attachment that comes with the shredder, it’s a pusher that allows you to push down the food that you are shredding; however, I lost mine but I’m still able to shred with no problems.

• Presto 02970 Professional Salad Shooter
  • My salad shooter is one of my favorite appliances because it always allows me the freedom to shred fresh ingredients for whatever dish I am preparing. Mac and cheese is my gift from the good man above, and I always shred my cheese because cheese that is pre shredded does not melt as well, and overall the shredded looks gives a professional quality to my foods. The only thing I would not advise anyone to shred is extremely soft flesh fruits such as mangoes or bananas. It just doesn’t work well and ends up being a mess.

• Presto 02970 Professional Salad Shooter
  • The picture above is a prime example of why I love my salad shooter: it shreds fine and perfect, and it doesn’t leave a huge mess for me to clean up after. The motor is extremely fast and allows me to shred in less than 10 seconds–depending on how large the food is I am shredding.

Overall, the Presto 02970 professional salad shredder is one of the best investments I could have made when it comes to kitchen appliances. I don’t have to spend half an hour shredding fruits, cheeses, and vegetables by hand anymore which is a blessing because doing that by hand can be a real feat at times. One of the many benefits of my new salad shooter is it’s larger than its predecessor and it holds more food. If you’re someone who spends a lot of time in the kitchen from scratch, then I would highly recommend you go to either Walmart or Amazon and buy one before they are no longer in production because having it in the kitchen makes a huge difference in the way I cook.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5317081660430931/k2311a0817/8.17.17