Starbucks Mocha flavored coffee k-cup pods

by Irina Bernetckite

Hey, coffee lovers! How many of us love mocha coffee, especially during the cold season? Probably a lot. And I’m one of them, but I started craving this chocolaty drink in August, which is fine, I actually came up with a nice peppermint mocha recipe, which I shared in my review on McCormick’s Peppermint Extract. But one day I was wandering around my local grocery store and I stumbled upon this Starbcuks Mocha K-cup pods, which were on sale. I do have an old Keurig coffee maker so I thought it was worth a try.
  • Starbucks Mocha flavored coffee k-cup pods
  • There are 10 k-cup pods in the pack and this pack is different from the one you can find at Starbucks, I think this one is made to be sold at grocery stores only. You can get a bigger one (18 pods) at Walmart for around $10.

• Starbucks Mocha flavored coffee k-cup pods
  • This is simply the ground coffee with some natural flavours added. They also have Mocha Caffe Latte k-cup pods, which come with flavour packets, but those are dairy, so if you’re dairy-free, they are not gonna work for you. This also has the same nutritional value as the coffee, which means that it’s almost 0 calories.

• Starbucks Mocha flavored coffee k-cup pods
  • So I brewed this according to the instructions on the package, using 8-oz setting and it came out pretty strong, but not too strong. I like the dark roast and this is medium and you can feel it.

• Starbucks Mocha flavored coffee k-cup pods
  • As for the quality of coffee, for me it wasn’t as deep as medium roast I made with the czeve, but it wasn’t bad for the Keurig coffee, if you know what I mean. It tastes quite nice on its own, it really does have that chocolaty taste to it and I bet that it will be a great base for the iced mocha.

• Starbucks Mocha flavored coffee k-cup pods
  • I only used 3 pods yet and I’m still “perfecting” the way I use it. First time, I tried it with the peppermint extract and some almond milk that didn’t froth and it was ok, but it was lacking sweetness and creaminess. The second time I used it, I tried it with frothed milk and some honey, but I didn’t like the way it tasted that much. Then I tried it with the frothed milk and peppermint syrup and it was pretty good. But it still lacks that creaminess you get from the original mocha, so I think about adding a little bit of cocoa powder to this to get the right texture.

Anyways, this k-cup pods are actually a good option for those who love both the coffee and the chocolate. It’s not gonna taste exactly like Mocha from Starbucks since Starbucks uses a Mocha sauce in their Mocha recipes, but this will substitute the chocolate syrup and spice up your coffee break a little bit. So I hope this review was helpful and I’ll see you soon!

xoxo

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2714081660310831/k2311a0814/8.14.17