Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Milk  » Food  »
  • This one catched my eye at the store, I liked the way it looked, I liked the ingridients and everything else despite the fact that it was more expensive than the other brands
  • Well, that's a relative term, but it shouldn't taste disgusting, because I like to use it in my oatmeal
  • The milk passed the very first test - the taste test
  • It tastes quite good and I think that it's because of a rather clean ingridients list
  • Overall, this is a really nice almond milk that I do recommend, but it's not gonna work as a coffee creamer

by Irina Bernetckite

Hello, there! A few weeks ago I wrote a review on Blue Diamond Almond Coconut Blend, which I didn’t really like, so I moved on to a different brand. This one catched my eye at the store, I liked the way it looked, I liked the ingridients and everything else despite the fact that it was more expensive than the other brands.
  • Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Milk
  • But I do have my “requirements list” for every plant-based milk that I buy and if it doesn’t answer one of them, then I won’t make it my staple. So what are my requirements?

1. It must taste good. Well, that’s a relative term, but it shouldn’t taste disgusting, because I like to use it in my oatmeal. 2. It must froth. And it’s a tricky one. I like to make cappuccinos or lattes even when I travel. I bring my latte whisk with me everywhere, which helps me test the milk for frothing. But the plant-based milk usually doesn’t froth (except for the soy), so that’s the hardest part.

3.It should suit for baking. Not the most important one since no milk has actually failed this mission yet.

• Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Milk
  • The milk passed the very first test - the taste test. It tastes quite good and I think that it’s because of a rather “clean” ingridients list. It’s not something I’d drink on its own, but it does taste like a natural almond drink, the sweetened version is probably better if you like to drink almond milk with a cookie or something.

• Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Milk
  • I used it to make pancakes and it worked just fine. I didn’t notice any separation in the batter, it was easy to flip the pancakes and no weird aftertastes or anything else that would make this milk unsuitable for baking.

• Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Milk
  • This is what it looks like. Just the way almond milk is supposed to look, a little grey, a little transparent.

• Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Milk
  • To my biggest disappointment, this milk doesn’t froth. Well, it’s not supposed to if it doesn’t have any soy or dairy in it. But I kinda hoped it would. Maybe I’ll mix it with some soy milk to make it work, but the fact is that this milk doesn’t froth on its own.

Overall, this is a really nice almond milk that I do recommend, but it’s not gonna work as a coffee creamer. So check it out if you haven’t yet, I bet vanilla-flavoured almond milk will be really good.

That’s it for this review. I hope you found it helpfull. And I’ll see you soon.

xoxo

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2714081660290831/k2311a0814/8.14.17