McCormick Pure Mint Extract
  • Today I decided to share something that, in my opinion, all mint-lovers should have at home
  • I used to do it with a peppermint syrup, but it's not the best thing to consume, so I headed to Randall's to get some peppermint extract and unsweetened cocoa powder
  • You can get a different mint extract for about $3 at Walmart, but I haven't tried their brands so I don't want to recommend anything
  • I found the recipe online, which was calling for 2 tablespoons of peppermint extract
  • There are so many recipes with it that you can find online and it doesn't add up to your calories or sugar

by Irina Bernetckite

Hi there! Today I decided to share something that, in my opinion, all mint-lovers should have at home. One day I really started craving peppermint mocha, even though it’s the beginning of August and it’s like 100 degrees outside. But the cravings wouldn’t go away, so I had to come up with a healthier version of this festive drink to satisfy them. I used to do it with a peppermint syrup, but it’s not the best thing to consume, so I headed to Randall’s to get some peppermint extract and unsweetened cocoa powder.
  • McCormick Pure Mint Extract
  • And this is what I found. It was $5 for 1 fluid ounce, but that was pretty much the only option at Randall’s. You can get a different mint extract for about $3 at Walmart, but I haven’t tried their brands so I don’t want to recommend anything.

• McCormick Pure Mint Extract
  • This is a classic alcohol-based mint extract, it doesn’t have any sugar in it and it’s veery concentrated. It smells like the extra minty gum multiplied by 10 when you take off the seal and smell it for the first time.

• McCormick Pure Mint Extract
  • I kinda hoped that the bottle would be made of glass (I don’t know why), but it’s plastic. And enought talking about the packaging, let’s move on to the usage and recipes. What do I use it for?

• McCormick Pure Mint Extract
  • Well, as I’ve said, I initially bought this to make a healthy version of peppermint mocha. I found the recipe online, which was calling for 2 tablespoons of peppermint extract. And I knew right away that it is waaay too much, I think it’s actually the whole bottle, which is obviously too much for one cup. I swear, half a teaspoon is enough. Otherwise, it’s gonna taste like toothpaste (I’m talking about this particular mint extract, it’s really concentrated).

• McCormick Pure Mint Extract
  • In case you’re interested in my recipe, it’s about 1/2 cup of black coffee (or 2 shots of espresso), 1/3 or 1/2 cup of steamed milk of your choice (depending on how strong you like your coffee), 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa, 1/2 teaspoon of mint extract and the sweetener to the taste. Also, it’s amazing with the whipped cream on top, I recommend So Delicious Cocowhip if you’re trying to be healthier. Another thing to do with this is the minty smoothies and the homemade mint ice-cream (try it if you make banana ice-cream at home, it’s awesome).

To sum it up, mint extract is a great condiment to have at home if you love minty stuff. There are so many recipes with it that you can find online and it doesn’t add up to your calories or sugar. 100% recommend. And that is it, have a good day and I’ll see you soon!

xoxo

jassee says :

Because this is not professional nor helpful enough to be a review.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 278081660210531/k2311a088/8.8.17