The Body Shop Skin Clearing Foaming Cleanser
  • I chose this The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Cleanser, because I used the gel version of it in the past and I wanted to see if the texture actually mattered and if the foaming cleanser would perform better than its gel brother
  • I'll start by the boring theory and the summary of some information I found online on how foaming cleansers are different from the gel, milk, oil and other types of cleansers
  • However, there is not much of a difference between this type of cleanser and the other ones
  • According to different people's experiences, it's really just a matter of preference
  • I hope you found the review helpful as I tried to mention everything I like and dislike about this product

by Irina Bernetckite

Actually, this is the first time I’m using the foaming cleanser, but lately there has been quite a lot of fuss around these things, some say you should never ever use them and others say that they are actually better than non-foaming ones. So I couldn’t just not try onу of them and see if they were any better than the regular cleansers I’ve been using for years. I chose this The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Cleanser, because I used the gel version of it in the past and I wanted to see if the texture actually mattered and if the foaming cleanser would perform better than its gel brother. I’ll start by the boring theory and the summary of some information I found online on how foaming cleansers are different from the gel, milk, oil and other types of cleansers.

Foaming cleansers create a foamy lather and are usually formulated to dry the skin and remove the oils better. Since their main purpose is to stay foamy and cleanse the skin like a good soap would, they don’t usually have a lot og moisturizing ingridients in them, which could be rather disappointing. However, there is not much of a difference between this type of cleanser and the other ones. According to different people’s experiences, it’s really just a matter of preference.

• The Body Shop Skin Clearing Foaming Cleanser
  • So here it is - looking all sleek and stylish. It looks pretty much the same as the same brand’s gel cleanser: a dark green bottle with a white label, quite minimalistic. What I don’t like about this minimalistic packaging is that all the information, including the ingridient list, is under the laber. So basically, you have to take off the label to see the information you need. But obviously, you can find it all online or ask a shop assistant about it.

• The Body Shop Skin Clearing Foaming Cleanser
  • I’ve also heard (and the girl working in The Body Shop store in my area told me) that cleansing foams work better with the cleansing brush, whether it’s a spinning brush or not. I use it with my Sheseido brush and I want to say that I actually do like this tandem - I feel like my skin is clean after using them both. By th way, I don’t feel like the cleanser is drying out my skin, but I do feel like using it helps me keep my pores cleaner and flatten the little break outs that I occasionally get (like those little clogged pores on the forehed or the whiteheads). Just for the record, my skin type is something in between combination and oily.

• The Body Shop Skin Clearing Foaming Cleanser
  • This is what one pump of the cleanser looks like. I usually use one to cleanse the whole face and if I feel like double cleansing I’ll usу one more. I only cleanse my face at night and after a month of everyday use of this thing I have about 3/4 of the cleanser left, so it depletes quicker than a regular cleanser would, especially if you’ll use it morning and night or just use more than one pump for each cleansing session.

• The Body Shop Skin Clearing Foaming Cleanser
  • Everything the seller is recomending you to do is written in light grey letters, which is super annoying. So if you are anything like me and you like to read and examine the labels thoroughly - prepare for some “drive me nuts” reading.

• The Body Shop Skin Clearing Foaming Cleanser
  • The ingridient list doesn’t have anything magical in it - quite a strong cleansing agent Cocamidopropyl Betaine,some other surfactants, some oils and glycerine (maybe that’s why it doesn’t dry out the skin) and the tea tree oil. So if you like your cleanser organic and gentle - this one is not for you, but if you like a good, but not too harsh cleanse you might actually quite enjoy it.

Overall, it is a good cleanser, but I think you can find a better alternative even for a smaller price (this one is $15). I hope you found the review helpful as I tried to mention everything I like and dislike about this product. That is pretty much it. Have a good day!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3125071660030431/k2311a0725/7.25.17