Silent Hill 4: The Room video game PlayStation2
  • Having played the other games, I thought this one was decent, but it was not a big improvement on the other games
  • This game is very scary, and I noticed the classic techniques most often used in movies that were used to create that creepy feeling
  • This made me feel that I was seeing the world through the character's eyes, and therefore, I could really experience the game in an intense way
  • I spent a lot of the game ready to jump out of my seat, and for that, I think this games succeeds as a great horror game

• by Stargazer
      Silent Hill 4: The Room is the fourth installation of this horror video game for PlayStation2, produced by Konami. Having played the other games, I thought this one was decent, but it was not a big improvement on the other games.

This game is very scary, and I noticed the classic techniques most often used in movies that were used to create that creepy feeling.

In my book, this game

gets a 9 on the horror scale.

The game play was a different story.

It plays similar to the other games, and the camera angles can get annoying.

Several times I needed to see what was in front of me, but I was blocked by the camera angle — so very discouraging!

Another thing I didn’t like was that I couldn’t carry as many items as I wanted.

You can ...

• only take several with you, and if I needed more items, I had to travel all the way back to my base to get them.

Silent Hill 4 introduces a new first person view.

This made me feel that I was seeing the world through the character’s eyes, and therefore, I could really experience the game in an intense way.

Not like it’s not intense as it is, but this

feeling was enhanced.

The graphics are great on the Xbox, and the soundtrack and sound effects really enhance the mood of the game, and boost your anxiety.

I spent a lot of the game ready to jump out of my seat, and for that, I think this games succeeds as a great horror game.

The game is strong, and anyone can pick it up without having played the others and jump right in without missing a beat.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2005. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 28191116600230/k2311a1119/11.19.05