Microsoft Ultimate Word Games (Game on Windows)  » Games  »
  • Let me give you a review of a game I found on Windows 10 store
  • Let me give you my review of this game so what are we waiting for
  • I thought it would be nice to play quick to play games since I am always busy
  • I love that it is not misleading like some other games' titles
  • Let me know about your experience in the comment sections

by Ms. Mycroft the Gamer

Are you bored with your computer? Want a game that is entertaining and challenging? Let me give you a review of a game I found on Windows 10 store. The application is titled Microsoft Ultimate Word Games. From the title itself, it’s an application with a collection of word games in it. Curious about the game? Let me give you my review of this game so what are we waiting for? Let’s start!
  • Microsoft Ultimate Word Games (Game on Windows)
  • First of all, I would like to tell you that I’m really bored with my phone and tablet that’s why I am now more often using my laptop. Anyway, as I said earlier, I found this game on the Store built in on latest versions of Windows. I currently have Windows 10. Anyway, I wanted to play new games and I found this. I thought it would be nice to play quick to play games since I am always busy. So what I have to say is that, the title is very direct to the point and you can easily see this game is you search for word games. I love that it is not misleading like some other games’ titles. Lastly, I would just like to say that I love that this game has a tutorial or more like instructions when you open the game for the first time. This is a plus point for me since not every game has tutorial. Even if this game is common sense, I love that it still instructs players how to play so you don’t have to figure it all out for yourself.

• Microsoft Ultimate Word Games (Game on Windows)
  • Let’s talk about the graphics and the overall appearance of the game. Well, it’s not that bad. It’s actually very good to the eyes since I personally like the color combinations. The designs too are very simple it looks beautiful. I also love that it requires very little requirements from your pc. It just requires at least Windows 8 or higher operating system. Well, it’s just the way it should be because you’re not really after cool graphics and designs if you want to play word games right? You just want it to be simple and fast. So this is a thumbs up for me. Moving on, I’ll just say something about the sounds and music. I’d say the music is like from a child’s toy or something. It sounds cute for me. The sound effects are just fine. The game sounds like you’re in a fairy world. I don’t mind though. This is one of the games I play with the sounds on because it’s not annoying.

• Microsoft Ultimate Word Games (Game on Windows)
  • Next, we’ll talk about the game itself. Opening the game, you’ll be faced with the main page of the application. Here, you can see all of the game modes and the menu button. Also at the bottom part, you can see that you can change the theme of the game, you can see your awards and achievements and check your statistics. The application offers 3 game modes mainly; Wordament, Jumble, and Crosswords. Let’s have Crosswords first.

• Microsoft Ultimate Word Games (Game on Windows)
  • In Crosswords, it’s obvious you’ll play crossword puzzles. I like the interface of this mode. It’s very simple and it feels relaxing for me. There’s also no time limit here so I can just go through everything without being pressured. The best thing about this mode is that you can get hints and reveal a letter of the word you want to solve. What’s good about this is that, using hints doesn’t need coins or anything! You just click hints and you don’t have to worry at all. This is so very relaxing for me so this a good thing. Also, I can type the words with my built in laptop keyboard and it feels cool I don’t know why but I really love it. I tried other apps from the Store and some does not give me the option to just type with the laptop keyboard so you have to use your mouse for typing.

• Microsoft Ultimate Word Games (Game on Windows)
  • Next, we’ll have the mode Jumble. Well, it’s easy to say that this is just a game like the famous Text Twist. For those who don’t know it, the game is set with jumbled letters and you have to guess the word they make up. You can also score by putting on words with less letters that you can think of using the same jumbled letters. So that’s just the game mode jumble. I don’t have a thing to say here because who doesn’t love text twist? Well, personally I love that game so I don’t have any complains with the mode itself. The only thing that I find disappointing here is that I can’t use the space bar to shuffle the letters. I’m used to doing this in Text Twist so I find this really disappointing. Anyway, regarding the appearance, it also has this relaxing feel to it like when you are just chilling and doing nothing but play this game. There is also no time limit and you can also use hints, no money required.

• Microsoft Ultimate Word Games (Game on Windows)
  • Lastly, let’s have the mode Wordament. This is, I’ve got to say, my least favorite of the three modes. As you can see from the picture, all you have to do is find words you can connect. I find this a bit boring compared to the two. Maybe I’m still not getting the hang of it. I think I’ll give it a chance though. Anyway, it’s still good for me. It has the same relaxing feels and would require you to think as much as you need to for the 2 other modes.

My whole experience playing the game is definitely smooth and fast. The game is very entertaining and in a way, educational because you tend to type words that you don’t really know just to try if they exist haha. So, my conclusion? This is a really great game that can entertain you in your leisure time. Sure, the game modes are all games you already played in some other games but hey. The app has all of them. You have a 3 in 1 app here with a very relaxing ambience. So that would be my review about this game. What do you think of this? Have you tried this game? Let me know about your experience in the comment sections! Thank you for reading!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2811071659920231/k2311a0711/7.11.17