DSW Shoe Store
6837 W Newberry Road, Gainesville Florida 32605
  • Macy's, Dillards, etc. So when DSW would officially be coming to Gainesville I was excited because I would finally get to purchase designer shoes I love without having to do online shopping which can be a pain at times because not all shoes are made the same
  • Do not get me wrong the store is massive in terms of size because the square footage of the store is ridiculous, but the space within the store wasn't filled with the designer options I thought would be available to me
  • There is nothing really exciting about the jewelry--I felt as if I could buy that type of jewelry anywhere and for a lot cheaper
  • I have been able to find cute shoes, but they were few and far between
  • Although the store carry well known brand names, the style of the shoes for my personal taste just didn't match the designer name

by ReadingBug

I am a huge shoe lover! I have at least 30 pairs of high heels because there is nothing better than walking in a nice pair of heels. Before DSW came to Gainesville I was limited in the types of stores I could shop for a nice pair of heels: Macy’s, Dillards, etc. So when DSW would officially be coming to Gainesville I was excited because I would finally get to purchase designer shoes I love without having to do online shopping which can be a pain at times because not all shoes are made the same.
  • DSW Shoe Store
  • When I finally had the opportunity to go visit DSW, my feelings were lukewarm because the store was not as impressive as I assumed it would be. Do not get me wrong the store is massive in terms of size because the square footage of the store is ridiculous, but the space within the store wasn’t filled with the designer options I thought would be available to me. Even though the store’s product are mainly shoes, they do offer accessories such as jewelry, handbags, scarves, socks and stockings, and hats.

• DSW Shoe Store
  • There is nothing really exciting about the jewelry–I felt as if I could buy that type of jewelry anywhere and for a lot cheaper. The handbag selection was just as boring. I love Guess and they used to be really good at carrying the handbags by the brand, but what they do offer from Guess is not something I would waste money on. The handbags can be purchased at a discount retailer such as Burlington or Marshalls with a much better selection.

• DSW Shoe Store
  • The shoe options are just as bland as the handbags. I have been able to find cute shoes, but they were few and far between. Most of the shoes I consider to be ugly because they have no real style to them, and they are either mundane flats I would never wear and chunky wedges which I would not even be caught dead in. However, I have noticed their athletics shoes are more diverse and better looking than the actual designer shoes they offer.

• DSW Shoe Store
  • In terms of price, I guess it is neither here nor there for me because I think the prices are fair considering the brands are popular and mainstream; however, I think your style preference will determine what you feel is a right price for you. Most of the time when I shop there I usually end up in clearance because paying full price for some of the things I saw is just not worth it.

• DSW Shoe Store
  • There is a small children’s selection of shoes which range from sandals for girls to sneakers for both girls and boys. DSW don’t carry Jordans or shoes similar, but they do sell quality sneakers such as Nikes. The size of the children’s department is not big, but the selection is good enough that it is worth taking a look at.

DSW shoe store did not live up to my expectations; in fact, the shoes they carry online are a lot better than the ones they carry in the store. The selection for both shoes and accessories are limited at best, and the prices in my opinion are really not worth it. Although the store carry well known brand names, the style of the shoes for my personal taste just didn’t match the designer name.

for me, DSW is just a store to go when I want to go window shopping–nothing more and nothing less.

DSW Shoe Store
Elaine says :

I have bought shoes from here before. They were at a good discount- you just have to have time to look around. I like how their clearance section is color coordinated and organized by size. I have found great looking shoes and I like the variety they always have. If you sign up for their rewards program, they send you a coupon for your birthday. I don’t usually buy based on designer brands so I am not picky about that.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2410071659860431/k2311a0710/7.10.17