Waldo Flea Market  » Shopping  »
17805 US 301, Waldo, Florida 32694
  • Saturday and Sunday have officially become my favorite days of the week
  • Not only has shopping at the Waldo Flea Market become a routine for me, but it's also my happy place to relax for a couple of hours while shopping unique merchandise I probably couldn't get elsewhere, or too expensive to buy elsewhere
  • Three are three entrances that I have seen thus far, however, I always go through the main entrance with the double doors because there is a cookware store at the entrance I love to shop
  • The picture below is of a local farmer who sells pretty much everything by 3 bags between $5 and $7 which is an amazing deal because what I don't use immediately I can freeze and store for later use
  • There are a few permanent sellers, but more times than not there will be different sellers every weekend, so you never know what you will find

by ReadingBug

Saturday and Sunday have officially become my favorite days of the week; not because I have the weekend off from work, but because it’s the only time the Waldo Flea Market is open for business between the hours of 8:30am and 4:30pm. Not only has shopping at the Waldo Flea Market become a routine for me, but it’s also my happy place to relax for a couple of hours while shopping unique merchandise I probably couldn’t get elsewhere, or too expensive to buy elsewhere.
  • Waldo Flea Market
  • The Waldo Flea Market is a moderate sized outdoor flea market in the city of Waldo, and sits off state road 301, and most notable for the large white horse and rocking chair that is at the entrance of the parking lot. There is no traditional parking and it is free as well, so I try to get there either as early as possible to get a good spot under shade or later in the day for the same reason. Three are three entrances that I have seen thus far, however, I always go through the main entrance with the double doors because there is a cookware store at the entrance I love to shop.

• Waldo Flea Market
  • Another reason I love to shop the Waldo Flea Market is because of the fresh and local fruits and vegetables available for purchase. Various local farmers will sell their food at reasonable prices–even better than grocery stores–and the quantity is ten times greater than what I would receive in a store, even at Wal-Mart. The picture below is of a local farmer who sells pretty much everything by 3 bags between $5 and $7 which is an amazing deal because what I don’t use immediately I can freeze and store for later use. The fresh fruit is the best to buy because it is always in season, and their strawberries are the biggest and brightest I have ever seen. I’m always using strawberries for something, even if I just eat them by themselves.

• Waldo Flea Market
  • Beyond the entrance and the food stands, are three mini open warehouses that are possibly 40 feet or so long. Within these warehouses are various sellers on both sides of the aisles offering different merchandises. I’m not sure if the sellers who are at the market are licensed, but they do carry a lot of merchandise that are brand new and in excellent condition. Then, there are some sellers who I believe just roll up from there homes with crap out of their homes they are just trying to sell. I refer to those types of sellers as junk sellers because all they have on the table is a bunch of crap no one wants.

• Waldo Flea Market
  • It’s extremely rare that I purchase clothing from the flea market just because it is more clubwear than anything, and nothing I would wear out in public. However, I do find a lot of cookware and houseware merchandise, and a lot of unique hair accessories. I’m a FSU fan, and I often find things related to the team; as a matter, I just purchased a FSU rug for my front door for $7.

• Waldo Flea Market
  • Some of what is sold at the flea market is a little outlandish and farfetched, but other times there is a lot of quality merchandise at affordable prices. The quality of the merchandise solely depends on who the seller is: some care about what they sell their customers, and others are just there to make a dollar which is how a lot of junk ends up on the tables. Sometimes there is entertainment for the children such as face painting and animal petting. Depending on how hungry I am, there are food stands which sells things like hotdogs, burgers, boiled peanuts, sodas, cotton candy, etc. It just depends on how hungry I am and what is available for purchase.

If you ever find yourself in Florida and traveling either south or north on state road 301, I would suggest you make time to stop by the Waldo Flea Market. There are a few permanent sellers, but more times than not there will be different sellers every weekend, so you never know what you will find. There are a lot of treasures to be discovered, but be warned because there are often a lot of junk to be found as well. I love making a weekend out of the flea market, and what you like to purchase and see will determine what type of experience you will have; all I know is that I have a good time and probably spend way too much money every time I go.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2415061659731030/k2311a0615/6.15.17