Elvive Extraordinary Clay L’Oreal shampoo  » Cosmetics  »
  • My hair is exactly like that so I must say that I was waiting for a similar hair product for quite some time, and I was really happy when I saw the commercial
  • I have been using Elvive products for years and I was always quite satisfied with them so the first time I went to the mall I bought this new shampoo and in this images-based-review, I will give you my personal opinion about it
  • I do not work for L’Oreal I just used this shampoo and I wanted to share my thoughts about it
  • I remember that my grandma told me that they used to wash their hair with ashes when she was young, because ashes are very purifying
  • I usually have to cut my hair every three months because my ends get really dry, they do not split but become dry so I hope this shampoo will prevent that

by 7hereviewer

Elvive Extraordinary Clay L’Oreal shampoo is the latest product by Elvive L’Oreal brand. I saw the commercial broadcasted on TV and I got immediately interested in buying it. The commercial said that the shampoo, balm and hair mask were created precisely for greasy roots and dry ends because of a special blend of three different types of mineral clay. My hair is exactly like that so I must say that I was waiting for a similar hair product for quite some time, and I was really happy when I saw the commercial. Actually, the ends of my hair are not so extremely dry but they are much drier than the roots. I have been using Elvive products for years and I was always quite satisfied with them so the first time I went to the mall I bought this new shampoo and in this images-based-review, I will give you my personal opinion about it. I do not work for L’Oreal I just used this shampoo and I wanted to share my thoughts about it.
  • Elvive Extraordinary Clay L'Oreal shampoo
  • I have heard in the past that clay can help you with greasy hair and I have always wanted to try it but I was too lazy to prepare it but I did some research and clay can be very beneficial, not only for your hair but also for your body, you can eat it, drink it or even apply to your skin. Montmorillonite clay is allegedly very healing and it helps detoxify your body. This shampoo contains it too. I remember that my grandma told me that they used to wash their hair with ashes when she was young, because ashes are very purifying. Clay can be found in ashes, Montmorillonite clay is composed of volcano ashes. And it si supposed to draw metals and toxins out of your hair. Besides Montmorillonite, there is also Kaolin which has excellent absorption abilities, as well as French green clay.

• Elvive Extraordinary Clay L'Oreal shampoo
  • What I am looking for in a shampoo, and I always state that in my reviews, is that it keeps my hair from getting really greasy for more than 2 days, and rarely do I find a shampoo that does that. This shampoo has three different types of clay in it and it promises on the bottle that your scalp will feel deeply purified for 72 hours. That is exactly what I want, to be able to go to work for two mornings in a row without washing my hair. Unfortunately, even with this shampoo I have to wash my hair three times a week. I must admit that if, for example, I was my hair on Monday morning on Wednesday morning it does not look extremely greasy but it is clear that it would become extremely greasy until the end of the day so I have to wash it anyway.

I washed my hair on Friday in the early afternoon, and I went for a run the next morning. I did not sweat much while running so I did not want to wash my hair after it but now I realise that it was a big mistake because look how greasy my hair looks now, and it has been about 40 hours since I washed it. It looks pretty not purified to me.

• Elvive Extraordinary Clay L'Oreal shampoo
  • I live in a pretty humid area and it has been raining quite a lot in the last two days but still I am really disappointed in the greasiness of my hair after only two days. I noticed that if I lather and scrub my hair for more than three minutes then my hair looks as if it was just washed for two days, although the third day it is greasy again. But I really like this freshly washed look that ma hair has for 2 days after washing it with this shampoo.

The packaging is the same as that of all L’Oreal Elvive shampoos. The bottle is wider on the top part than on the bottom so that it can stand upside down which is very useful when there is less than half of the shampoo left because if you keep it that way then you do not have to squeeze it hard in order to make the shampoo go out. The colour is also very nice. I know that you cannot judge the book by its cover but still I prefer nice looking products.

• Elvive Extraordinary Clay L'Oreal shampoo
  • When I went to buy this shampoo I told my friend about it and remember saying it was green while she said that she heard that there was a new L’Oreal Elvive shampoo released but that it was blue. And we went to the store together and we saw the shampoo and she said to me: “You see, it is blue!” The same second I told her: “You see, it is green!” We had a great laugh! Anyway, blue or green, the colour is actually turquoise and it is normal that some people see it as green while other see it as blue. I really wonder what you all think! I would say that the bottle is definitely light green while the cap is something between blue and green. Let me know what you think!

• Elvive Extraordinary Clay L'Oreal shampoo
  • Just this morning I used this shampoo to wash my hair with it. I have been using it for several weeks now and it seems that it really is working in keeping the grease away, much better than any other shampoo that I ever used. I say that because my hair was rather greasy but when I lathered it I could feel that the foam was becoming thick immediately. Usually, the first time that I apply the shampoo the grease mixes up with it so it does not make the foam, but this shampoo created such a great foam immediately that I just had to take a photo of it.

• Elvive Extraordinary Clay L'Oreal shampoo
  • What you can see in the photo is the amount of the shampoo that I used to create the foam that you can see on the previous picture. I could really feel that the scalp was clean after I rinsed it so I did not even shampoo it the second time. I like the colour of the shampoo too because it is so pale pearly green. The fragrance is also really amazing because it is rich and strong but sweet at the same time.

I really like this shampoo and I will buy it again, actually I have already bought the balm and the next time I go to my favourite mall I am quite sure I will buy the hair mask too. I guess the hair mask will have the best effect against the grease. The shampoo by itself is ok too, if you have greasy hair. Of course, if your hair is really dry I would not recommend you to buy this shampoo. After using it my hair feels soft and it has such a wonderful sweet fragrance. It stays clean for two days and the second day it still looks as it was just washed. I am really glad that L’Oreal came up with such a great shampoo for greasy hair and I will definitely buy it again. It also promises that it would not dry the ends of the hair but I still need to use it for at least one more month in order to test that. I usually have to cut my hair every three months because my ends get really dry, they do not split but become dry so I hope this shampoo will prevent that. I am really excited to find out.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3112051659590731/k2311a0512/5.12.17