Equate Triple Medicated Severe Toothache and Gum Relief Gel
  • I am a huge fan of the Equate brand mainly because it is inexpensive and work better than most name brand medications on the market
  • If you have ever had a toothache and needed immediate relief, then you know how expensive orajel and anbesol can be--almost seven dollars actually
  • The taste was like licking a chalkboard, and I had to apply way too much just to get minor relief that only lasted about 10 to 15 minutes
  • Overall, I am a proud consumer of the Equate brand, but this version of toothache relief was by far the worst product of theirs I have purchased
  • It did not work as promised, and I felt as if I should have went to either the Dollar Tree to buy toothache medicine or just sucked it up and coughed up the extra dollars to buy either orajel or anbesol

• by ReadingBug

I am a huge fan of the Equate brand mainly because it is inexpensive and work better than most name brand medications on the market; however, I recently was suffering from a toothache and needed something cheaper than orajel, and I was completely shocked at how useless the Equate version of orajel was.

If you have ever had a toothache and needed immediate relief, then you know how expensive orajel and anbesol can be–almost seven dollars actually. So when I saw the Equate version of the two

brands for about three dollars and some change, I knew I was getting a deal. The tube is small and almost identical to any orajel or anbesol. The tube does not have a seal on it, so I had two options: push a sharp pin or needle through the top to create an opening or cut the end off with a pair of scissors. My pain was so severe that I just opted to cut off the end.

The gel was blue and reminded me of toothpaste because the texture was gritty and thick. When I applied the medication to my gums and tooth, I did not like how it applied: It was entirely too thick and reminded me of going to the dentist when I was a kid when they still used paste to create a mold of your teeth. The taste was like licking a chalkboard, and I had to apply way too much just to get minor relief that only lasted about 10 to 15 minutes.

My level of disappointment ...

• Equate Triple Medicated Severe Toothache and Gum Relief Gel
      was beyond through the roof because I have purchased toothache relief medicine from Dollar Tree that worked way better than the Equate version. It was just too thick and I had to apply way too much that it was just a disgusting buildup of paste in my mouth, and it took forever for it to dissolve. The effects of the medicine were worse because it did not act as fast as promised on the box, and the pain was not entirely gone. It was like the
      pain had been dulled, but not completely gone.

Overall, I am a proud consumer of the Equate brand, but this version of toothache relief was by far the worst product of theirs I have purchased. It did not work as promised, and I felt as if I should have went to either the Dollar Tree to buy toothache medicine or just sucked it up and coughed up the extra dollars to buy either orajel or anbesol. Never again will I waste my money on this particular Equate product.

yu says :

if pain is severe, nothing can stop it except the dentist with anesthetic jab.

Galega says :

It actually depends on the root cause of the pain. If the pain happens because of simple reason like small cavity, it can be tackled easily at home. Not all toothache requires`dentist with anesthetic jab’.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 264051659570131/k2311a054/5.4.17