Controllers for All (iPhone Tweak)
  • After much research online, I found Controllers for All (CFA for short)
  • It is a quite reliable tweak but it definitely have its flaws as well
  • There are a few controllers already listed in the Controller type, such as the PS3 and iPEGA controllers, however if yours isn't listed there, like my 8bitdo controllers, you can only set it as Keyboard
  • I suggest you configure the keys before starting any games
  • I personally have enjoyed hours of fun on iNDS and Raiden Legacy because of this great tweak

by MovieFreak

As someone who loves gaming but doesn’t really want to get MFi controllers because they’re pretty much restricted to connect with Apple devices, I end up having to look for tweaks and hacks to get third party Bluetooth controllers to work with my iPhone.

After much research online, I found Controllers for All (CFA for short). It is a quite reliable tweak but it definitely have its flaws as well. There is a paid version, but I decide to just stick to the free version.

• Controllers for All (iPhone Tweak)
  • CFA only worked with jailbroken devices with IOS below 9.0.2 and can only be downloaded and installed via Cydia or iFile.

Installation is easy and so is using the tweak. Note that you need to install BTstack too to get CFA to work well.

• Controllers for All (iPhone Tweak)
  • Once the tweak is installed, a new option will appear under your phones’s settings. There you can edit the settings of the controllers you have connected to your phone via the phones’s Bluetooth.

• Controllers for All (iPhone Tweak)
  • There are a few controllers already listed in the Controller type, such as the PS3 and iPEGA controllers, however if yours isn’t listed there, like my 8bitdo controllers, you can only set it as Keyboard.

• Controllers for All (iPhone Tweak)
  • I suggest you configure the keys before starting any games. It is really easy, just follow the instructions given and it is done within a minute.

• Controllers for All (iPhone Tweak)
  • Now everything is set. You’re ready to start playing games with your controllers.

However, you’ll run into problems, this is a third party tweak after all so it obviously will have some flaws.

When I game with my controllers via CFA, it tends to have problem reconnecting back with most games after you left the game application. There were a few occasions whereby my game is interrupted due to incoming calls or on screen alerts and when I return to the game, the controls went haywire, so I have to completely kill the game application and run it again before the controls work normally again. I don’t know what caused it but I hope some technical experts out there can fix this problem.

This also happens with emulators like iNDS. In iNDS, the problem is bigger as using the menu can cause the controls to go haywire, so if you decide to save (via save state) or change game, prepare to kill the application.

Another problem is that since the controller is now detected as a keyboard, you won’t be able to use your keyboard as it won’t appear. So you’re left with typing with your controller, which is practically impossible, or switching off your controller. Either way, it will affect your gaming experience.

Also the application may sometime cause your Bluetooth to become unavailable. It just greys out and there is no way you can activate it. The only way to get your Bluetooth back, is to restart your phone. I am not sure which, BTstack or CFA caused it, because I have played around with both but to no avail. This is pretty annoying. Fortunately it doesn’t happen that often or I would have remove CFA long ago.

The paid version of this tweak according to what I read online, seems to have the problem with the Bluetooth greying out too.

Even though the tweak has quite a number of flaws, I still find it really good for something free. It solved my problem of not being able to use third part controllers on my Apple devices. I personally have enjoyed hours of fun on iNDS and Raiden Legacy because of this great tweak.

So, gamers out there, what are you waiting for?

Pete says :

re : There are a few controllers already listed in the Controller type, such as the PS3 and iPEGA controllers, however if yours isn’t listed there, like my 8bitdo controllers, you can only set it as Keyboard
I hope they add more controllers into their list as using as keyboard is rather troublesome.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3012041659480730/k2311a0412/4.12.17