BOSS AC-3 Acoustic Simulator  » Electronics  »
  • Well I really was not disappointed when I got it
  • It took a little time to tweak all the options on the aforementioned pedal and to find a sweet spot on it, so to say
  • The best results that you will get from this device is if it is used with some kind of semi-hollow guitar to enhance more the characteristics of a true acoustic guitar but noon the less, the results that you get from an electric guitar with a piezo on it are really amazing
  • I recorded one song with this setup and all my friends could not believe that the acoustic parts were actually played on an electric guitar
  • If you want it just to play at home or use it in a professional gig environment, you will not go wrong

by guitarhero83

The Boss AC-3 acoustic simulator was really an experiment for me. I usually always go for the original tone/sound and that kind of simulating effects are not really my cup of tea. The first time I came in contact with such kind of effect was on a Roland micro cube practice amplifier that has the same COSM technology that boss uses in some of their effects. I have one Ibanez guitar which is equipped with the Wilkinson piezo bridge mounted on so when I played that particular guitar without distortion I always play on the acoustic simulator effect on the Micro Cube amplifier. That got me interested on the Boss AC 3 acoustic simulator pedal because if I was pleased with the result on the micro cube, the sound of the original pedal should be a lot better right?
  • BOSS AC-3 Acoustic Simulator
  • Well I really was not disappointed when I got it. It took a little time to tweak all the options on the aforementioned pedal and to find a sweet spot on it, so to say. The best results that you will get from this device is if it is used with some kind of semi-hollow guitar to enhance more the characteristics of a true acoustic guitar but noon the less, the results that you get from an electric guitar with a piezo on it are really amazing. I recorded one song with this setup and all my friends could not believe that the acoustic parts were actually played on an electric guitar. So yes, it is that good of a device.

• BOSS AC-3 Acoustic Simulator
  • The Boss ac-3 acoustic simulator for me is really a toy to experiment and play with. For live gigs I would certainly use an authentic acoustic or classic guitar but for studio recording and for home practicing and experimenting with different sounds all with just one electric guitar, I think that this unit is simply amazing.

Regarding the ease of use this is really user friendly and an intuitive device. Like all the Boss guitar pedal effects/products it is really well done and all the parameters are clearly defined and structured. It has different options of acoustic guitars simulations and when you pick one that you like the most, you tweak the other parameters to fine tune the sound. The specifications of all of the aforementioned parameters and other specs can be found anywhere on the internet so I will not go into details here to specified them all out. One cool feature is that it have the option to add a little reverb to the mix which is an awesome thing if you want to play only the acoustic guitar effect for the whole gig. You do not have to bring any extra pedals to give your tone some room/space. The Boss AC-3 is enough by itself which is a really cool thing.

• BOSS AC-3 Acoustic Simulator
  • Like all the boss pedals the Boss AC-3 acoustic simulator is powered up by 9V adapter or battery. Always use the adapter because with the batteries you never know. Overall impression is that the Boss AC-3 is really well made and can be an awesome addition to any pedal board or guitar rig for adding some juice to the clean parts of a song or just to be able to emulate in real time an acoustic guitar without the trouble to go switching guitars or own one for that matter.

• BOSS AC-3 Acoustic Simulator
  • The looks of the pedal are pretty standard and regarding the dimensions, it is a standard Boss pedal that can fit in any pedal board on the market. It is of an orange/yellow color and it looks pretty happy ☺. The thing is that all the boss pedals have their unique colors so you can distinguish them between themselves in a pedal board. The AC-3 reminds me a lot of old Boss distortion/overdrive pedals that I used to have.

• BOSS AC-3 Acoustic Simulator
  • I think that the BOSS AC-3 acoustic simulator can be of a good use in some cover bands or in acoustic duos that does cover songs because of its simplicity and ease of use, so the guitarist can really do good acoustic guitar emulations with one click of a button/pedal so for this kind of artists the Boss AC-3 should be really a good solution for those kind of demands.

Regarding the durability and the reliability of the Boss AC-3 acoustic simulator, I think that this is really a rock solid pedal and that should endure the most heavy gigging conditions that you throw at it. I did not have the chance to test it really in that kind of environment because I use this particular pedal only at home, but with all my experience with the Boss pedals throughout the years I really would not bring any backup pedal on a gig.

Like all BOSS products this pedal I built like a tank. Regarding the Boss company, I always say that they are really an industry standard so you should not have any worries to try or buy their products. You certainly would not be disappointed. So all in all, the BOSS AC-3 acoustic simulator pedal is a highly recommended product indeed.If you want it just to play at home or use it in a professional gig environment, you will not go wrong.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1612041659470730/k2311a0412/4.12.17