Prego Italian Sauce Traditional (with recipe)
  • Firstly, I must say I really love those people who invented such ready-make sauces because it allow people like me who are not gifted in cooking to be able to whip up a decent dish
  • I have also tried other brand of Italian sauce but they just don't taste as nice as Prego so it is my one and only choice now
  • I like it because it’s thick and very rich
  • I really love the Prego Italian Sauce because it’s very convenient to use and tasty

by MovieFreak

Firstly, I must say I really love those people who invented such ready-make sauces because it allow people like me who are not gifted in cooking to be able to whip up a decent dish!
  • Prego Italian Sauce Traditional (with recipe)
  • Whenever I feel like cooking spaghetti, I will always go to the nearest supermarket and grab and bottle of Prego Italian Sauce. I usually go for the Traditional flavor because it appeals more to me.

I have also tried other brand of Italian sauce but they just don’t taste as nice as Prego so it is my one and only choice now.

I like it because it’s thick and very rich. You’ll know that there are real tomatoes and herbs inside because you can taste them when you just eat it straight from the can or use it as the base for bread pizza.

With that said, I will share with you some recipe of the dishes I cook with the sauce. And once again I must say my recipes are for lazy and non-fussy people.

1. Bread Pizza

You’ll need: - a slice of bread (plain bread is the best but anything will do) - some onions (you can add capsicum too if you want) - some ham (or prawn) - cheese (any kind, even cheese slice)

• Prego Italian Sauce Traditional (with recipe)
  • First you apply a thick layer of the Prego sauce on the bread as a base. Then you place all of the ingredients mentioned above on top of it (just make sure the cheese is on the top most layer) and bake it for about 5 minutes or till the cheese melt. And it’s done!

2. Spaghetti

You’ll need: - Onions - Minced Meat (pork or chicken or beef) - Mushrooms - Sugar (optional, depending on your taste) - Spaghetti noodles

• Prego Italian Sauce Traditional (with recipe)
  • The cooking process is separated into two - cooking the noodles and the sauce/gravy.

I’ll start with the noodles.

Get a large pot (depending on how much noodles you’re cooking), add water, some salt and oil to it and bring it to boil.

• Prego Italian Sauce Traditional (with recipe)
  • Add the spaghetti noodles inside and let it continue boiling. I usually leave it alone while I prepare other things.

Check back after about 10-15 minutes. It really depends on how soft you want your noodles to be. I usually eat one strip of the noodles to see if its the softness I want.

Once its done, take the cooked noodles out and run them under cold running water. (I go an extra step to add ice to cool if further) You need to do this or the noodles won’t be as springy.

• Prego Italian Sauce Traditional (with recipe)
  • Now you noodles is done, set it aside.

For the sauce, you will need to fry the ingredients above on medium or low fire in a pan.

• Prego Italian Sauce Traditional (with recipe)
  • Start with onions, fry it till its slightly translucent. Then add the meat, fry till it changes colour and texture. Add the mushrooms. Mix well. Finally add the Prego sauce, mix well and bring it to boil. (You can add sugar according to your preference)

• Prego Italian Sauce Traditional (with recipe)
  • There, the sauce is done too!

• Prego Italian Sauce Traditional (with recipe)
  • Mix the gravy/sauce with the noodles and the spaghetti is done!

I really love the Prego Italian Sauce because it’s very convenient to use and tasty.

Emma says :

re : Firstly, I must say I really love those people who invented such ready-make sauces because it allow people like me who are not gifted in cooking to be able to whip up a decent dish
I’m not a very big fan of this brand. Most of the sauces are not very flavorful in my opinion. My favorite brands are Classico and Bertoli. I love the Classico sauce called caramelized onion roasted garlic, it’s my favorite.

MFreakz says :

I haven’t heard of the brand, I guess I’ll try it if I see it in my supermarket.

For now, I still love Prego as it’s the best I’ve tried so far.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2731031659300731/k2311a0331/3.31.17