Remax RC-041i Radiance Data Cable  » Hardware  »
  • To be honest, this has to be the worst looking cable I've bought from Remax
  • When I saw the cable online, I thought that its design is simple and the colour is pretty good
  • I was skeptical as always, but decided to give it a try even though it is about $3 more expensive than the ones I usually buy
  • However when the cable arrived, I was disappointed
  • Well, if you're not someone who cares about the design and look of things, this is a pretty solid cable

• by MovieFreak

To be honest, this has to be the worst looking cable I’ve bought from Remax.

When I saw the cable online, I thought that its design is simple and the colour is pretty good. Its specs are not bad too. They advertise that this cable will last 3 times more than usual cables. I was skeptical as always, but decided to give it a try even though it is about $3 more expensive than the ones I usually buy. But it’s still a buy-1-free-1 deal, so it’s still cheaper than if I buy it in a shop.

However when the cable arrived, I was disappointed. For a moment, I thought the seller made a mistake and sent out

the wrong cables, but then the name and model fits. The colour is not radiant as its name suggest, in fact it seems dull and unattractive. (Even the other white one, the “free” cable doesn’t look that nice) I feel the RC-006i cable is much more attractive than this cable in terms of both colour and design.

The cable feels okay when I hold it and it does feels really solid. It’s nothing near flimsy and the quality made it worth the more expensive price. But I don’t like the connecting between the cable and the output connectors. It just doesn’t look appealing and feels like it can come off easily. Although, I must say that the slightly curved connector makes gripping and pulling the connector out really easy and comfortable.

I did bring this cable out with me for about 3 weeks, but it stays home after that. I hardly bring this cable out after that 3 weeks because a few friends commented that the colour looks like something “only older people will bring out” or that it looks cheap! (Well, I have to agree with them.)

However, there was once that one of them had to borrowed this “only older people would bring out and cheap looking” cable from me and she admitted that it charges really fast and feels good to hold.

I must admit it is a pretty good cable ...

• Remax RC-041i Radiance Data Cable
      when it comes to charging and syncing and I have no problem with it. I also find the cable more stable than some of my older cables.

I don’t know if any of you face this problem, but I have had a few cable that are very “shy” and will disconnect with even a very slight touch. I remember I was using one particular “shy cable” to transfer a video to my phone and I just accidentally moved the cable a very short distance and “Deng Deng”, and a notification popped up on my computer saying that my phone is disconnected! However, I don’t get this problem with the Radiance Data Cable, I can be a

little rougher with it and it still stays connected to my computer.

However, while this cable has its plus points like its comfortable to hold connector, durable, fast and stable charging and syncing, its design and colour are just not appealing enough. I can easily get cables that look much cooler for the same or even lesser price.

Well, if you’re not someone who cares about the design and look of things, this is a pretty solid cable. This cable has been with me for more than 2 months now and still works as new. But I still prefer to bring out my other cables which have the similar quality and features but look much nicer.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3327031659260831/k2311a0327/3.27.17