The Disappointments Room (Horror Movie)
  • So Dana and her husband, David and their son, Lucas moved to the countryside and stayed in this house that looks very worn, creepy and eerie
  • However, Dana was very bugged when she found a hidden room in the attic (the one with light switching on and off by itself) that is not in the floor plan
  • There are a few jump scares in the film which I think are not well executed and very predictable
  • I also find that the “ghosts” in the film doesn't look scary in fact they look just like normal human beings in Victorian era costumes
  • I also find it a little pity that such great and interesting idea (of the Disappointments Room) is not being used to its full potential, instead I feel it is dumped into the film just to spice things up a little

by CPY

I guess this film lives up to its title, it is indeed rather disappointing. It’s boring and not scary at all.
  • The Disappointments Room (Horror Movie)
  • First of all, the plot is very overused. Dana is suffering from depression and is on medication after the lost of her baby daughter. Her doctor recommended that she moved to the countryside to help her recover from her lost. So Dana and her husband, David and their son, Lucas moved to the countryside and stayed in this house that looks very worn, creepy and eerie.

• The Disappointments Room (Horror Movie)
  • There are a few things that made Dana really uncomfortable with the house. It is eerie and dark and she started having nightmare the day she moved in.

• The Disappointments Room (Horror Movie)
  • She also discover a tombstone in her garden and caught the light in a room in the attic switching on and off by itself when she is outside for some air.

• The Disappointments Room (Horror Movie)
  • I guess they tried to build suspense with these elements but it is just not enough for me. It doesn’t keep me wondering or curious about the house. The interest is just not there.

However, Dana was very bugged when she found a hidden room in the attic (the one with light switching on and off by itself) that is not in the floor plan. She begin to investigate about the house and discovered the history behind the room which is known as “Disappointments Room”.

There are a few jump scares in the film which I think are not well executed and very predictable. I only jumped at one of them because it was unexpected. And that is the only scare in the whole film that got me.

I also find that the “ghosts” in the film doesn’t look scary in fact they look just like normal human beings in Victorian era costumes. The only thing that is slightly scary is the little girl of the previous owner, the Disappointment and the photos of the Disappointments.

• The Disappointments Room (Horror Movie)
  • I don’t know if it is because I am watching this film on an online streaming site hence its of lower quality or that it is originally like that; I find the dark scenes too dark (like the picture below) to make out what is happening in them and I have to turn up the brightness and contrast of my monitor just to be able to know what is going on in those scenes.

But I guess I can’t complain since I get to watch it for free.

• The Disappointments Room (Horror Movie)
  • I don’t really find this a good watch even though the editing, sound and the cast are pretty decent. I know that most horror films have similar plots but this one just doesn’t have anything unique to it. Neither did it have enough scares or suspense to keep me engaged. I guess I am expecting much more because I’ve seen other horror films with really great and scary monsters and effects.

I also find it a little pity that such great and interesting idea (of the Disappointments Room) is not being used to its full potential, instead I feel it is dumped into the film just to spice things up a little.

With all that said, I guess the conclusion is clear - being a horror film that is not scary, this movie is not worth your time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1123031659230831/k2311a0323/3.23.17