Persil laundry detergent in powder by Henkel
  • Persil laundry detergent was on a discount at the local store about a month ago and I decided to buy it
  • I trust Henkel products but I could say that when it comes to laundry I prefer using brands that I have already tested
  • I got 20 washes for 3.49 Euro, which means that each load would cost me 17 cents
  • I think that Persil is a detergent of an excellent quality and if you need a detergent for your whites I am quite sure that Persil will not disappoint you

by 7hereviewer

Persil laundry detergent was on a discount at the local store about a month ago and I decided to buy it. I always have a big stash of the Dash laundry detergent at home so I cannot even remember the last time I went shopping for laundry detergent because I needed it on the day or the next day. But exactly that happened about a month ago and as the Persil is known to be a very famous and good detergent I decided to give it a try. I trust Henkel products but I could say that when it comes to laundry I prefer using brands that I have already tested. My clothes are rarely really dirty so mostly I need detergents to remove the smell and freshen up the pieces of clothing. But the reason I prefer quality detergents is because of the white clothes which, after a few times you wash them in the washing machine with low-quality detergents, is not so white anymore. I ruined a lot of white underwear and towels by using cheap laundry detergent and that is why I started using Dash and that is why I was a bit skeptical when I had to buy a different detergent.
  • Persil laundry detergent in powder by Henkel
  • For whites, I prefer detergent in powder and for that reason, I was really happy to see that it was the powder version that was on discount. I got 20 washes for 3.49 Euro, which means that each load would cost me 17 cents. I find that acceptable. I use it only white clothes so it will definitely last me for at least 4 months, but probably even more. It comes in a plastic bag, but what I like about this bag is that it is really thick. I mean, it needs to be thick because it has to be resistant to transportation and all the accidents that can happen before the detergent even gets to the store. This cleaning powder is pretty heavy so the bag has to be able to withstand the gravity. The classic white and green colours of the bag make you think of cleanness and nature but I must say that I do not find anything particularly appealing in its design.

• Persil laundry detergent in powder by Henkel
  • The bag is so thick that it is impossible to cut it without the scissors. There is this part of the bag, somewhere right in the middle, where the two sides are welded together and I thought I would be able to open the bag just by ripping it apart but boy was I wrong! The plastic is so firm that something really sharp is needed to cut through it. What you can see in the photo was done with scissors. I cut right through the seal because I thought that once cut in half the seal will loosen but it did not and I needed to cut again right under it. I am writing all this because I always preferred laundry cleaners that were in a bottle or in a cardboard box, because those seemed much safer but the thickness of this bag really proved me wrong.

• Persil laundry detergent in powder by Henkel
  • After cutting the bag I decided to transfer the powder in a box. The bag is really unstable and since I store all my cleaning products under the sink cabinet under my sink I did not want to knock the back over somehow with some other cleaning product and to have the detergent all over the cabinet. For that reason, I think that a box or a bottle are a much better option. The box can be placed in the corner of the cabinet so you cannot kick it over, and the bottle has a cap so you can always close it. So I put the Persil in an old cardboard box. Another flaw of this detergent is the lack of the measuring cup. That is really annoying. Luckily I have some old ones but sill even a little measuring spoon would be helpful. This bag without the measuring cap is supposed to serve as a refill only so that you do not have to buy the big detergent in a box which is usually more expensive than the same quantity of the detergent in a bag, but still, I wish there was a measure inside.

• Persil laundry detergent in powder by Henkel
  • When I first cut the bag I felt that strong scent of Persil. It smells like clean but it does not choke you. I like that smell of freshness. The detergent has now been opened for about a month and as it is in an open box the scent can be felt much less, the sink cabinet where I store it does not smell like Persil but if you shake do box or take the measuring cup, fill it with the powder and bring it close to your nose you will definitely be able to smell it. When washed with Persil, the clothes do not smell like it. I do not know if that is because I use a high-quality fabric softener which kinda overpowers the scent of almost every detergent. I say almost because the scent of the Dash detergent cannot be covered by any fabric softener.

• Persil laundry detergent in powder by Henkel
  • The amount that you see in the cup is about 110ml and that is how much Henkel suggests you to use. I never put more than that in my washing machine and the clothes always come out clean. I did more than four loads of whites already and I must admit that my underwear did not lose its whiteness. I even worked in the garden for a few days in a row and the dirt is really difficult to wash off but Persil succeeded in that. Sometimes I wash at 90degrees Celsius and sometimes at 70 but I never had any problems with stains when using Persil. It completely dissolves in water and it never leaves white crumbs on the clothes.

I would never use Persil to wash dark clothes with because I think it is so strong that the colour would fade away, but I find it great for the white clothes and for the towels, although most of my towels are white to beige. The price of Persil is not much higher than that of the other quality laundry detergents so I am quite sure I will buy it again. I never tried to use it when washing with low temperatures but as I said do not really have dirty clothes and if some fool like ketchup ends up on my outfit I try to pre-treat it before washing it so that I am sure that the stain will not remain. I think that Persil is a detergent of an excellent quality and if you need a detergent for your whites I am quite sure that Persil will not disappoint you.

denez says :

re : I think that Persil is a detergent of an excellent quality and if you need a detergent for your whites I am quite sure that Persil will not disappoint you
It did not do any thing, tried it and tried for clothes but useless, maybe it works for hand washing but not machines

tuliy says :

yeas it did not clean apparel nicely, it helps if the dirt is new, but if old then it would not help, so its average product

7hereviewer replies :

I agree with you but I also must admit that for old stains I use Vanish or sometimes I put dish detergent on the stains when they are still fresh and I don’t intend washing them immediately.

7hereviewer replies :

I am so sorry I hear that I never had any problems with this detergent, the clothes remained white and as my clothes never has any old stains on it I was pretty satisfied. But thanks for sharing your experience. I mean, I usually use a different detergent and after using this one I did not notice that my white clothes got gray.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5322031659210631/k2311a0322/3.22.17