Ritter Sport Biscuit plus Nuts
  • I bought several different Ritter Sport chocolates when they were on discount, about a month ago, I eat one and put them in the kitchen cupboard and completely forgot about them
  • Yesterday I really wanted to eat something sweet and I remembered that all those chocolates were in the cupboard
  • I was so happy they were there because whenever I want to eat something sweet that is usually chocolate and if I do not have any I can eat a bunch of stuff but nothing really satisfies me as chocolate
  • I hope that happened only because it was my first time to taste it

by 7hereviewer

I bought several different Ritter Sport chocolates when they were on discount, about a month ago, I eat one and put them in the kitchen cupboard and completely forgot about them. Yesterday I really wanted to eat something sweet and I remembered that all those chocolates were in the cupboard. I was so happy they were there because whenever I want to eat something sweet that is usually chocolate and if I do not have any I can eat a bunch of stuff but nothing really satisfies me as chocolate.
  • Ritter Sport Biscuit plus Nuts
  • So among different Ritter Sport chocolates, I picked the biscuit plus nuts variety. Actually what was written on the wrapper is Noccio Biscotto but that is just because I bought the chocolate in Italy so the writing is in Italian, but Noccio Biscotto would mean Hazelnutty Biscuit. I adore Ritter Sport chocolates with hazelnuts because the hazelnuts in their chocolates are usually of excellent quality. As you can see on the wrapper the chocolate looks really yummy. The picture, on the right side of the white Ritter Sport logo, shows two pieces of chocolate and also the ingredients that are in the chocolate, but it shows them separately. So you can see the biscuit, then the same biscuit cut into smaller pieces and also hazelnuts. The wrapper is coloured in a mixture of beige and ochre colour so it looks very creamy. The colour of the wrapper is actually very similar to the colour of the cookie although a bit lighter.

• Ritter Sport Biscuit plus Nuts
  • On the back side of the wrapper, you can find nutritional information, ingredients and similar stuff and the information how to open the pack. You have to snap it open because it comes in Ritter Sport’s patented and trademarked knick – pack. You also get a small drawing on both sides of the pack suggesting how to open it. As you can see 100 grammes of this chocolate has 542 calories, but trust me, it is so delicious that every calorie is worth it.

• Ritter Sport Biscuit plus Nuts
  • So I snapped the pack and I could see the brown chocolate and the biscuit and hazelnuts in it, through the crack in the wrapper. It looked really nice. I had to smell it immediately and the fragrance was really nice and chocolaty but also sweet. I like the fragrance of milk chocolate very much, but it is also possible to smell the biscuit while I must admit that I could not smell the hazelnuts.

• Ritter Sport Biscuit plus Nuts
  • So I unwrapped the chocolate and there was this typical Ritter Sport square chocolate in front of me, just it was broken in half. I was really excited to taste it because it was the first time I bought this variety. I first thought I would just eat one or two of the sixteen little blocks, but I ended up eating eight of them, in one go. That is 271 calories. I do not even want to think about the calories right now.

• Ritter Sport Biscuit plus Nuts
  • As you can see on the picture, on the back side the chocolate is really filled with hazelnuts and biscuit crumbs, you cannot find more than a few millimeters of chocolate without anything else in it. Moreover, it is rather difficult to tell the difference between hazelnuts and biscuit crumbs because they are almost of the same shape and covered with a thin layer of chocolate.

• Ritter Sport Biscuit plus Nuts
  • Once you break the chocolate in smaller pieces you can see on the sides of each block that the structure of the biscuit and hazelnut is completely different. The biscuit is so incredibly crispy and it is also very puffy. The hazelnuts are of such a great quality that you can actually taste them. I mean, in cheap chocolates sometimes they put tasteless hazelnuts so you can feel them in your mouth but you cannot tell their taste apart from the taste of chocolate. Ritter Sport always puts great hazelnuts in their chocolates and they are never soft but always crunchy and delicious. I must admit that I would prefer if the hazelnuts were whole and not cut in pieces but the chocolate is delicious this way too. Once I started eating it was really difficult for me to stop. That is why I ate half of it.

Milk chocolate used to make Ritter Sport Biscuit plus nuts chocolate tastes great by itself, although I must admit that it was difficult to find a small part without hazelnut or biscuit in it so that I could try the chocolate by itself. I like the fact that the chocolate is not too sweet plus the biscuit is not very sweet either, so it is a perfect combination in my opinion. Sometimes Ritter Sport mixes very sweet chocolate with unsweetened biscuits, like in the Ritter Sport Biscuit variety which is terribly sweet, but fortunately, that is not the case with this chocolate and that is why I really like it.

I must admit that Ritter Sport Biscuit plus Nuts is actually one of my favourite Ritter Sport chocolate because it is so delicious that I can eat it whenever I want a chocolate, I mean I never get sick of it. It has everything I want in a chocolate, biscuit, hazelnuts and delicious chocolate. The taste of hazelnuts is so strong and delightful that although you are eating a milk chocolate with hazelnut crumbs it all mixes perfectly together so that you get a full hazelnut chocolate experience. I am really satisfied with the rich flavour of this chocolate and I am totally sure I will buy it again. Just I will have to ration it better because I do not like to eat half of it at one go. I hope that happened only because it was my first time to taste it.

Porter says :

More on the taste and texture would be helpful than describing what is shown in the photos already.

7hereviewer gmail.com replies :

Thank you for your comment. In the last section, there’s quite a lot written about the taste.

tuliy says :

nothing mention about the taste or anything regarding the chocolate caloies and real ingredients

7hereviewer gmail.com replies :

Hi, it says clearly in the third paragraph that there are 542 calories in this chocolate bar, and if you scroll a bit down it even writes that there are 271 calories in half of it. thank you for your comment.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2721031659190631/k2311a0321/3.21.17