Fiesta Babarum, soft cake by Ferrero  » Food  »
  • Ferrero Fiesta Babarum ended up in my shopping cart because my boyfriend really likes cakes with rum so when I saw that Ferrero created a new Fiesta with rum added I just had to buy it and surprise my boyfriend
  • Of course, I had to taste it too although I must admit that I am not a big Fiesta fan at all, but I always like to try new things
  • I mean, when you buy classic cake once you open it if you do not eat entire cake, the leftovers are never the same next day, they are much drier
  • It is really amazing that the sponge cake although it is soaked in rum is not very heavy but seems aerated
  • There is really nothing I do not like about it and I know that I will buy it again soon

by 7hereviewer

Ferrero Fiesta Babarum ended up in my shopping cart because my boyfriend really likes cakes with rum so when I saw that Ferrero created a new Fiesta with rum added I just had to buy it and surprise my boyfriend. Of course, I had to taste it too although I must admit that I am not a big Fiesta fan at all, but I always like to try new things.
  • Fiesta Babarum, soft cake by Ferrero
  • I rarely buy Fiesta cakes, and when I do they last for ages because I rarely eat them. Well, actually it used to be like that until I met my boyfriend. Now one package does not last more than a week or so. This new Fiesta comes in a 10 piece pack. The cakes inside are each wrapped separately and are placed in a cardboard box. That is really useful because it means that when you open the package you do not have to eat all the cakes inside. I mean, when you buy classic cake once you open it if you do not eat entire cake, the leftovers are never the same next day, they are much drier. But with Fiesta there is no risk of that because each time when you want to eat a cake you have to unwrap it, so it is always fresh. Well, as fresh as something that lasts two years, can be. The package looks really nice, but the truth is that Ferrero really knows how to make their products utterly appealing just by looking at the wrapper of the package. I am trying to say that I got used to the nice image of the Ferrero products.

• Fiesta Babarum, soft cake by Ferrero
  • The base of this cake is the classic sponge cake which makes the whole snack really soft and light. The sponge cake is made with cocoa and it is soaked in rum so it is really moist. It looks really dark and chocolaty. It just melts in your mouth. The smell of rum is really strong and you can feel it from the moment you tear the aluminum wrapping apart. It is really amazing that the sponge cake although it is soaked in rum is not very heavy but seems aerated.

• Fiesta Babarum, soft cake by Ferrero
  • I like the solid chocolate icing that covers the cake. It actually covers only three parts of the cake. There is no chocolate icing on the bottom of the cake. What I like about this icing is that is it not all that thick, it soft so it goes perfectly with the cake and it does not break in pieces when you take a bite. The chocolate is really delicious and it seems that there is a drop of rum in it too.

• Fiesta Babarum, soft cake by Ferrero
  • I like the fact that this cake is not too sweet. Actually it kind a is but it is obvious that the rum camouflages the sweetness so that the cake tastes perfect. There is quite a lot of rum in the cream in the middle but that is actually my least favourite part of the cake because it seems to be full of sugar and butter and I really do not like that. The cream is really soft and tender and it seems fresh. There actually is real rum in this cake although not that much, just 1.9% but it says on the wrapper that the Rum is from the Caribbean. I know that Ferrero usually uses the best quality ingredients, like the hazelnuts in their Nutella which are of the extraordinary quality, so I hope they used the best rum for this product too. Although I would never give this cake to a child because of the alcohol that is in it I must admit that I almost did do that by mistake. Several days ago when my little niece came to visit us, she wanted something sweet and this Fiesta Babarum was the only thing I had. But I was cautious enough and I went to check out if there was real rum in it and when I saw there was some I ended up not giving it to her. She was not very happy about it.

• Fiesta Babarum, soft cake by Ferrero
  • The cakes are 36 grams each and there are 152 calories in one. I am really pleasantly surprised by this product because of the low calorie count. I mean there are 423 calories in 100 grams and I really like snacks with less than 500 calories in 100 grams. When I eat a very caloric snack I always feel that I should not have done that but I never get that feeling with Fiesta Babarum. I must say that after eating one I was thinking about eating another but I knew that it would be too much. With other cakes, I never think that it would be too much. That is positive because it is important to know when to stop stuffing your face with sweets.

It leaves such a great aftertaste in my mouth, not very sweet and not very rum-y, just perfect. It satisfies my chocolate craving perfectly. It does not make me want to eat more chocolate or anything else sweet and it has everything a person could want from a snack: cream, chocolate and sponge cake, the delicious rum is just an extra, but a very tasty one. If you don’t like alcoholic snacks do not even waste your money on Fiesta Babarum because Rum is the dominant smell and flavour. Its cost is a bit higher than of the regular Fiesta but I think it is worth it. I must admit that I was a bit sceptical when I first bought this product because I do not like cakes with rum because they are usually very heavy, buttery and sweet, so I expected Fiesta Babarum will be all that too. By contrast, this little cake was such a nice surprise, because of eats deliciousness and lightness. There is really nothing I do not like about it and I know that I will buy it again soon.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2721031659170631/k2311a0321/3.21.17