Dimsum Style Chicken Feet Recipe  » Recipes  »
  • I love the Xiao Long Bao, Beef Balls, Hakaw, Spareribs and Chicken Feet
  • Upon searching for recipes, I found one video in Youtube and tweaked it a bit for my liking
  • I bought my chicken feet from the wet market
  • You can pat the feet dry to avoid the incident but I just decided to skip it
  • It's just quite time consuming to clean the feet and fry them all but the taste doesn't differ from the chicken feet dimsum that is being served at commercial Chinese Restaurants and Dimsum places

by AsianJunkie

A dimsum stall is located in front of our office. I visit it whenever I crave for authentic Chinese dimsum. I love the Xiao Long Bao, Beef Balls, Hakaw, Spareribs and Chicken Feet. As I love cooking, I decided to recreate the Dimsum Style Chicken Feet that I love eating. Upon searching for recipes, I found one video in Youtube and tweaked it a bit for my liking.
  • Dimsum Style Chicken Feet Recipe
  • Above are the ingredients for my Dimsum Style Chicken Feet Recipe. 1kg of Chicken Feet, washed and cleaned thoroughly, some ginger, a thumb of ginger, soy sauce, oyster sauce and black beans. I bought my chicken feet from the wet market. Although it doesn’t have the nails anymore, all of them still have the yellow, plastic like, scales/ skin. I took them off patiently and cleaned it under running water. I usually don’t measure my aromatics whenever I cook so I just eyeballed its amount. I used 2 packs of 30g oyster sauce (any brand will do), 1 pack of 100g black beans and 1/2 cup soy sauce (not in the picture).

• Dimsum Style Chicken Feet Recipe
  • After cleaning them thoroughly, I fried the feet in canola oil (or any cooking oil). It should be deep-fried to ensure browning at all parts of the feet but since I have limited amount of cooking oil in our kitchen, I just shallow fried them. Be careful with its oil splatters though, they literally just splatter wildly, in the end I had small burns on my skin. You can pat the feet dry to avoid the incident but I just decided to skip it.

• Dimsum Style Chicken Feet Recipe
  • As the feet were browning in the pan, I mixed the oyster sauce, soy sauce and black beans, mashing the last ingredient as I do so. You can also taste the mixture and adjust its saltiness to your preference/ liking.

• Dimsum Style Chicken Feet Recipe
  • Once the chicken feet were all fried, I sautéed the ginger and garlic and browned them slightly. I added the feet then poured the black beans mixture and added water. I covered it and left it simmering above medium heat for 30 minutes. I check the mixture once in a while just to see if it still has the sauce. Everytime I notice that it’s drying out, I add water and continue simmering it.

• Dimsum Style Chicken Feet Recipe
  • The recipe that I’ve seen didn’t use any chili and the chicken feet that I love eating has a spicy kick into it so I put chili flakes on my recipe. I simmered it more, stirring it occasionally so that it won’t stick to the bottom of the pot. Five minutes before I took it away from the heat, I added a slurry of flour and water with a bit of sugar to counter the saltiness of the sauce. You can also put anatto seeds to give the recipe some color so that it won’t be too obvious that it’s chicken feet and won’t gross other people out. I decided to skip that part but maybe I’ll try that next time.

• Dimsum Style Chicken Feet Recipe
  • The result is a very tender chicken feet recipe. So tender that the skin and meat are already falling from the bones. The sauce is very rich and thick and it’s saltiness is just right and the mild sweetness of the sugar complimented it perfectly. It is not very spicy, just a little kick of spice but you can adjust it to your preference. I only spent 2USD with the recipe and I already have chicken feet dimsum enough to feed a family. Whereas if you’ll buy it from a Chinese restaurant, you’ll only get 4 pieces for 1.50USD.

If you have the time to make this recipe, it will be very worth it. It’s just quite time consuming to clean the feet and fry them all but the taste doesn’t differ from the chicken feet dimsum that is being served at commercial Chinese Restaurants and Dimsum places. This will be perfect for parties or for your pot luck lunches.

re : I love the Xiao Long Bao, Beef Balls, Hakaw, Spareribs and Chicken Feet
Its really an unhealthy one. Even though its tastier its not good for the human beings to eat daily.

dhamayanthi says :

re : Upon searching for recipes, I found one video in Youtube and tweaked it a bit for my liking
While searching the internet i came to know about it. Its look like an interesting but after that only i realise its unhealthier one.

MFreakz says :

BUt sometimes it depends on how and what you cook it with

dhamayanthi says :

re : I bought my chicken feet from the wet market
I dont like to buy preservative products even it is a wet market.

dhamayanthi says :

re : You can pat the feet dry to avoid the incident but I just decided to skip it
I eat feet soop accationally when i feel so week or my work is stressful.

dhamayanthi says :

re : It’s just quite time consuming to clean the feet and fry them all but the taste doesn’t differ from the chicken feet dimsum that is being served at commercial Chinese Restaurants and Dimsum places
Yes i do agree that the taste is the same when compared to the normal chicken legs. But health wise its better than the chicken legs.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4916031659130731/k2311a0316/3.16.17