Barni soft cake with strawberry filling, by Mondalez International
  • I remember several years ago when Barni cakes came in our stores that a commercial was on TV every few seconds
  • I like checking out new stuff when I do not have to pay the full price for it
  • But then, of course, your eye falls on the nutritive value table and when you see that this little cake has 30 grams and 19 of those are sugar than the idea about the healthy snack vanishes
  • I am glad I did not pay the full price for this soft cake and I am quite sure I will never buy it again

by 7hereviewer

I remember several years ago when Barni cakes came in our stores that a commercial was on TV every few seconds. Now I do not see their commercials anymore. I must say that it never even crossed my mind to buy these cakes until a few days ago there were on discount at our store. First and the most important thing about these cakes is that although they were advertising them as breakfast cakes I would never give that to anyone for breakfast. The fact is that I do not think that sweet stuff should be eaten for breakfast because then your sugar level rises in the morning and the body wants to keep it up during the day and makes you crave sweets stuff. Mondelez international is the maker of this soft cake, and as they are part of Kraft group I was pretty confident to buy this little snack.
  • Barni soft cake with strawberry filling, by Mondalez International
  • Anyway, Barni cakes with strawberry filling were on a 50% discount at my local store because the expiration date was coming up so I decided to buy it. I like checking out new stuff when I do not have to pay the full price for it. So these cakes come in a very cute looking box. There is a drawing of the cutest bear ever on the picture and he is studying some very appealing strawberries with a magnifying glass. The colours of the box are blue and green. It all looks so genuine and the first thing that comes to my mind when I see this box is nature so it must mean that the product inside is healthy. Well, I must say that I am quite sure that it is not so.

• Barni soft cake with strawberry filling, by Mondalez International
  • When you give a look at the back part of the box you get the same impression. Plus, it says there the product is baked with quality ingredients. But then, of course, your eye falls on the nutritive value table and when you see that this little cake has 30 grams and 19 of those are sugar than the idea about the healthy snack vanishes. But I must admit that the box looks really nice and that it was the reason why decided to buy this snack in the first place.

• Barni soft cake with strawberry filling, by Mondalez International
  • There are five little packages in the box. They look adorable because there is that sweet bear studying those strawberries again and the picture of the cake too. It also says on the wrapper that there are no colorants or preservatives and that the filling is 45% fruit. That all sounds nice but just the knowledge that this little snack was one-third sugar was very repelling.

• Barni soft cake with strawberry filling, by Mondalez International
  • It came time to unwrap the cake and taste it. It unwrapping part was rather easy because there are dents on each side of the wrapping so you just tear then apart and voila the cake is opened. Then this amazing strawberry fragrance flushed me and I felt as if there was a bunch of strawberries inside and not some sugary sweet. I must admit that when I smelled this sweet strawberry I could not wait to taste this cake.

• Barni soft cake with strawberry filling, by Mondalez International
  • As you can see the cake looks like a small teddy bear with dark brown paws. You can actually recognize the snout, eyes and ears on it. It looks really cute. There is also belly button. It looks really cute and it is pretty soft and wet. Just by touching it your fingers become sticky in greasy.

• Barni soft cake with strawberry filling, by Mondalez International
  • First I broke the soft cake in half, I separated the head from the rest of the body and I could see that there is quite a lot of strawberry filling inside. It smells really delicious and strawberry – like but the colour of the filling is less red than I was expecting it to be. As you can see there is a lot of filling in the head but there is much more of if it in the body. Now let me tell you about the taste. The cake itself is really soft and moist but is has almost no taste what so ever. Plus the darker parts are a bit thicker than the rest of the cake. The filling is incredibly sweet, so sweet that I find it impossible to eat it alone, but not only that, it makes the cake unbearably sweet when you eat both parts together. I was appalled by its sweetness. Plus it left such a terrible and sweet aftertaste in my mouth that I had to go and wash it.

I must say that I will never buy Barni soft cake with strawberry filling again. It looks cute and it smells nice but it tastes terrible. It is filled with sugar and it tastes like strawberry flavoured sugar. I like the softness of the cake but my final impression and final vote are really bad. I give this cake 3 out of 10 and I really hope that parents are not buying this cake to children, especially not instead of breakfast because, despite the fact that it says on the box that the ingredients are of quality, it is still mostly sugar. Do not let the strawberries and the cuteness of the box fool you. I eat only one out of 5 snacks that were in the box, my boyfriend ate the second one and we put the rest of it in the trash. Sometimes it does not matter if a snack was produced by a very famous brand; it can still be very unhealthy, sugary and taste really bad. I am glad I did not pay the full price for this soft cake and I am quite sure I will never buy it again.

Buuono says :

writer seems to be repeating the same old things in most of her reviews.
Packaging, inside and then a little on taste and texture.

Unless the packaging is really special and worth mentioning, it’s rather pointless to delicate huge paragraphs to it. People know how to open a wrapper

It’s the cake and taste that matter the most and it’s just almost that one paragraph that touch something on that.

7hereviewer gmail.com replies :

It is so nice to have such a dedicated follower, I am so glad that you read my reviews. It must mean that they are really good if they make you come back for more. Thanks for all your different comments, it is nice to know I am not writing in vain.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2715031659120531/k2311a0315/3.15.17