Tschick (German Movie)
  • It’s a shame I cannot find a trailer for the movie with English subtitles even though the film is released with English subtitles
  • So meanwhile, I can only provide a trailer in its original language
  • This is a good movie to watch if you’re looking for something light and entertaining that you can watch “brainlessly” on a boring weekend

by CPY

Tschick is a movie directed by director Fatih Akin based on a best-selling Young Adult novel Tschick (translated as Why We Took the Car in English). It’s a shame I cannot find a trailer for the movie with English subtitles even though the film is released with English subtitles. So meanwhile, I can only provide a trailer in its original language.
  • Tschick (German Movie)
  • The film is very lighthearted and all about teenagers and the crazy things they do. Maik was head over heels with school bella, Tatjana, but he wasn’t invited to her birthday party – a party that everyone was invited. Well, Tschick, a transfer student from Russian, being the weirdo wasn’t invited too.

• Tschick (German Movie)
  • Well, I can’t tell you how glad I am that this “prettiest girl in the world” wasn’t a huge part of the movie, because she can’t really act. She does well as a vase but doesn’t really convey emotions that well.

• Tschick (German Movie)
  • On the day of the party, Tschick show up uninvited at Maik house with a “borrowed” car and helped him impressed Tatjana at her party.

• Tschick (German Movie)
  • It was then they decided to just drive further to somewhere, like Wallachia. I don’t know why the sudden decision, maybe it is Adrenaline Rush, who knows.

• Tschick (German Movie)
  • Anyway, on their journey, they did quite a number of crazy things like driving through a huge corn field, and trying to write his name on it. Getting chased by the village police, getting separated and then reunited again.

• Tschick (German Movie)
  • But then they ran into a problem, they ran out of gas and had to steal gas from other vehicles. So they went to a junkyard to look for a hose and there they met a girl, Isa, who was going to Prague to find her half-sister. I don’t know why she ended up in there but she is just there.

So the trio continued on their journey together, but Isa left halfway to board a bus to Prague.

• Tschick (German Movie)
  • While I don’t really have much to say about the rather crazy plot, I actually enjoyed the movie a lot. I guess it does make me feel a little “Adrenaline Rush” too. I mean, I would like to try driving at 14, I would love to be able to get crazy once in a while. And watching this movie did satisfied a little bit of my hidden desires, I guess.

Furthermore, the pacing is good and the film has some very good sceneries. The music is good and upbeat for most of the film and it really helps enhanced the watching experience.

• Tschick (German Movie)
  • The characters are also very well crafted. One look at Tschick, you know he is the unruly, weird and “I don’t care about others” kind of kid. He has this weird hairstyle, dress like a mafia and brings and drinks alcohol in school. Not something I expect from a 14 year old.

• Tschick (German Movie)
  • Maik fits the role of the not so popular, “outcast” kid very well.

The acting of the main casts is excellent too. The acting is very natural and I thought for a moment that maybe they’re just being themselves, releasing their inner desires to get crazy.

I guess we all have the desire to do something crazy once in a while, but most of us couldn’t do it, because “we aren’t kids anymore”. So why not watch somebody else do it instead?

This is a good movie to watch if you’re looking for something light and entertaining that you can watch “brainlessly” on a boring weekend.

Kino says :

re : On the day of the party, Tschick show up uninvited at Maik house with a “borrowed” car and helped him impressed Tatjana at her party
Review can be better written if it includes a few details about the friendship between the boys and thr changes in them.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1113031659051231/k2311a0313/3.13.17