Microsoft Lumia 650 smartphone
  • When my old smartphone was too old to install new applications I bought a new one
  • I decided to take Microsoft phone because my sister has one and I noticed that the photos she made with her phone were so clear that I had the feeling that I do not look at the photos but at the actual, real scenes in front of me
  • I liked the colors on photos very much, the green grass looked so natural, trees were like those in nature and when I saw a video of our cat I felt as if I was watching my little cat playing right in front of me
  • I never saw a smartphone so thin and so light for the price of 149.99 Euros
  • I am really happy I bought this phone and if you are like me and do not like to spend a lot of money on smartphones and want to try Windows operating system this phone is the right one for you

by Tayla

I am not the person who buys and changes smartphones often. I do not buy them when a new model arrives in the shop just so I could have the latest hit. I buy a new mobile phone when my old one becomes old, when I cannot install new applications or upgrade the old ones or when the battery does not last long enough to make a phone call without being stuck with my head near a wall because today’s chargers have very short cables. I find that incredibly discomforting. When my old smartphone was too old to install new applications I bought a new one. I decided to take Microsoft phone because my sister has one and I noticed that the photos she made with her phone were so clear that I had the feeling that I do not look at the photos but at the actual, real scenes in front of me. I liked the colors on photos very much, the green grass looked so natural, trees were like those in nature and when I saw a video of our cat I felt as if I was watching my little cat playing right in front of me. I also took it because its operating system is Windows 10, just like the one on my notebook and I did not have to learn how to use it and it was very easy to adapt to the new Windows smartphone after using an android smartphone for years. The Windows 10 on the notebook and on the smartphone are not exactly the same but the differences are minor.
  • Microsoft Lumia 650
  • I bought the Microsoft Lumia 650 because I knew it was similar to my sister’s phone, it just has a different design, it is very thin, 0,6 cm and very light weighted, only 122g. I never saw a smartphone so thin and so light for the price of 149.99 Euros. When I took it for the first time in my hand I thought “wow, it is so light weighted I feel like I have a feather in my hand.” I like that very much because I can use some applications like Viber for hours and I can still feel my arms. With old smartphones, I felt as if my arms were going fall off after writing or talking for few minutes on my phone. Also, it fits everywhere, in every pocket. Although I must admit that this phone is so thin and light-weighted that when I put it in my pocket it is so easy to forget it is there and sit on it. It just does not feel as if I had anything in my pocket.

• Microsoft Lumia 650
  • Before this phone, I had an Android phone and the first thing I noticed when I turned on my new smartphone was that the screen was full of big icons and that there was no sense to put any particular photo as a background. I really do not mind that but I would never recommend the phone to the people who like to take selfies with their friends or loved ones and put them as a background picture. I have to admit there is always a way, one can make little icons and arrange them far away one from the other but the thing is that this phone has only 2 different start pages, and the first one with icons just expands lengthwise when you add new icons and arrange them. You cannot add new pages like on android smartphones so you will never be able to see the photo well if you want icons. In my opinion, the only solution is to delete all the icons on the first screen so you can see the photo and to enter the applications use the list of application on the second screen.

• Microsoft Lumia 650
  • Using Microsoft Lumia 650 during the last few months I noticed that it is not perfect. I really do not like the fact that sometimes when I use my smartphone the bright white light from the screen flashes me. The first few times that happened I was really shocked because I did not know what was going on. The screen emits this strong light that lasts for a second and then it is gone. It is very annoying because I remain half blind for a second. I really do not know what that is, it is like a flashlight but the front camera does not have flash and the light comes out right from the screen. Also sometimes when I watch videos on youtube the images on the screen become green. I am glad that the green color disappears after a few seconds by itself and I do not have to turn off the video or the phone to fix it. Another very annoying thing is that when I want to make a screenshot, sometimes it does not create the photo but it redirects me to the Hub of Feedback. I noticed that it does that only when I take screenshots of the applications and not when I do screenshots of the first page. I also noticed that some of these screenshots, that were taken before it redirected me to the Feedback appear in my photo gallery after a couple of hours. I mean, the photos are not taken immediately and I cannot use them right away but they appear much later, but I really do not need them then, I need the screenshots the minute I take them. What I hated most from the moment I got this phone was the fact that I have to restart it everytime I want to use the headphones. I have to plug them in and then restart the phone if I do not do it I cannot hear anything, but I got used to that. The good thing is that it is good to turn off the phone once in a while so that all the applications that are using the memory get turned off which makes the phone run faster after I restart it. On the other hand when I take the headphones out, usually I do not have to restart the phone, the sound is perfect.

• Microsoft Lumia 650
  • I like my Microsoft Lumia 650 very much because it is very easy to use it. As I said before it is very light weighted and it is very easy to hold it in the one hand for longer periods of time. I made the icons of the applications that I use often very big so I can find them easily. Big icons are also great because I can use just one hand to turn on the application. I hold my phone with one hand and I touch the big icon with my thumb. I did not pin the applications that I do not use often onto the initial screen, but I can find them easily on the second screen because they are listed in alphabetic order. The good thing is that the newly installed application appears also on the top of the page for few days so it is easy to learn its name to find it more easily using the search button or using Cortana once they disappear from the top of the screen or just to get used to the way its icon looks so it becomes easy to find it scrolling down the list.

• Microsoft Lumia 650
  • I was thrilled when I found out how easy was to use the keyboard. I mean there is a little trick that makes using it even easier. Once I accidentally did not lift my finger from the screen and I moved it around the screen, I noticed this purple line that followed my finger. I started to move my finger from key to key and I noticed that the phone started suggesting the words that could be spelled using those letters. This function is great, I do not have to press a key after key which is very good as the keys are small, I just press the first letter and then I slide my finger to other letters, one by one and this phone gives me more possibilities of words to choose from. Usually, the first option it gives me is exactly the one I need. I find it amazing that I do not even have to touch the right letter with my finger, it is enough that I touch the letter nearby, only then the right word will not be offered as the first possibility but it is very useful if I have to write something quickly when I walk. The only problem with this function is that the keyboard freezes sometimes and I have to turn off the application that I use or sometimes even to restart my phone, but it is not big deal as it restarts quickly.

As I was used to the Android operating system I was a bit skeptical when I bought this phone, change is never easy but that does not mean it has to be painful. I am really satisfied with my phone because it looks elegant and sophisticated, it does everything I need it to do. It makes perfect photos and I can watch videos on it, send messages and use Viber. I can even play games that use up a lot of memory. It is really fast and it does not have too many bugs. The only thing I really do not like are does sudden flashes that happen every now and then. I am really happy because I got a really nice phone which battery lasts for more than a day even when I have wifi and mobile data turned on. I can count on it that the battery will not run out at a crucial moment. I am really happy I bought this phone and if you are like me and do not like to spend a lot of money on smartphones and want to try Windows operating system this phone is the right one for you.

7hereviewer gmail.com says :

I always do that too, I never buy a new phone until the old one is broken or it does not allow me to install new apps. I think this is a good way to save money because there are so many phones out there and every day a new, better, faster and nicer comes out so it is easy to desire a new phone all the time. That’s why I made this decision to new buy a new phone until the old one is still ok.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 377031658960631/k2311a037/3.7.17