Raiden Legacy (Smartphone Games)
  • For example, the Raiden Fighters series gives you the option to choose your own fighter jet, something that is not possible in the original series
  • Not to mention the bosses that fired a TRUCK of bullets while sending his underlings out to crash into you
  • I guess it's not a bad game if you like challenges, and is relatively cheap for a 4 game in one

by CPY

Are you a fan of the Raiden series? Would you like to play the classic scrolling shooter game series on your phones? If your answer is Yes, then the Raiden Legacy is the application for you.

Raiden Legacy is a collection of a few games from the popular scrolling shooter game, Raiden series. You can buy the game application in both Google play store and Apple App store.

The gameplay is simple. You dodge bullets, collect power ups and shoot the hell out of the enemy fighters.

• Raiden Legacy (Smartphone Games)
  • However, even with the similar gameplay, each game in the collection does have some differences between them. For example, the Raiden Fighters series gives you the option to choose your own fighter jet, something that is not possible in the original series. The power ups, bombs, bosses and enemy fighters also differs in the games.

• Raiden Legacy (Smartphone Games)
  • The games are ported from the original series, so there is no need to worry about the quality and gaming experience of the games. However, this also means that they are equally challenging and demanding as the original series.

• Raiden Legacy (Smartphone Games)
  • I am never good at such games which require fast reactions and the ability to multitask. So I practically get screwed up by the enemies and it was game over for me minutes into the game.

There are just far too many enemy jets for me to handle and they sometimes fire at the same time, so there are little place for you to hide and dodge. Not to mention the bosses that fired a TRUCK of bullets while sending his “underlings” out to crash into you.

The worst thing is when you power up to a certain level, your own firing power, can become the biggest distraction in the game. I don’t know why, I often lose my jet in the midst of the game and the next time I saw it, it was shot and exploded right in my face.

The game proves too difficult for me and it can get rather discouraging.

• Raiden Legacy (Smartphone Games)
  • However, I love the application’s compatibility with iCade. This means that I can play this game with my 8bitdo controllers in iCade mode, making controlling the fighter jets much easier, however nothings beats the arcade joystick when it comes to games in these. But I guess we just have to make do.

• Raiden Legacy (Smartphone Games)
  • Still, I don’t think getting this application is a good investment at all. It is not something I play often as I just get frustrated and annoyed from my frequent game overs. It is also not a good game to play on the go as it requires your full attention.

Raiden Legacy is more for fans of the original series and hardcore gamers who enjoy scrolling shooter games, not for casual gamers like me.

I guess it’s not a bad game if you like challenges, and is relatively cheap for a 4 game in one.

Sel says :

re : The games are ported from the original series, so there is no need to worry about the quality and gaming experience of the games
Only play it once in the arcades it’s difficult

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2823021658760628/k2311a0223/2.23.17