Disposable Softcup (Formerly Instead Softcup)
  • Not only was there a major product shortage but at the moment, the product is only available at Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid and possibly Kroger
  • Since the takeover, I have not seen Softcup available in Canada, something I hope changes soon because I have yet to find a better menstrual product
  • I'll admit, I didn't turn to this product for my wallet or for the environment, I was looking for a healthier alternative to chemical filled conventional menstrual products, which is exactly what I found
  • If you're new to menstrual cups, I'll admit, they do require a certain level of comfort with your body and with your period
  • I definitely recommend this product to all women

• by MJ

Menstrual cups and other alternatives to conventional menstrual products are increasing in popularity. Perhaps the most unique of the menstrual cups, which tend to be reusable and have a similar look, is Softcup.

Softcup, which until the summer of 2016 was known as Instead Softcup, is now part of The Flex Company. Unfortunately, the takeover was not seamless. Not only was there a major product shortage but at the moment, the product is only available at Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid and possibly Kroger. Since the takeover, I have not seen Softcup available

in Canada, something I hope changes soon because I have yet to find a better menstrual product.

Like most, if not all, menstrual cups, the disposable Softcup can be worn for up to twelve hours at a time and is not associated with Toxic Shock Syndrome (TSS).

Because this is a disposable menstrual cup, it is not as economical or environmentally friendly as other products which can be reused for anywhere from one to five years. I’ll admit, I didn’t turn to this product for my wallet or for the environment, I

was looking for a healthier alternative to chemical filled conventional menstrual products, which is exactly what I found. Softcup is chemical free and made from a material that is approved by the FDA.

Unlike many other menstrual cups, the flexible Softcup comes in one-size only. If you’re looking at Softcup for the first time, you may be eyeing up the shape and the material wondering how in the world it could possibly be comfortable, don’t worry, we’ve all been there. But once inserted, or rather, once inserted properly, you should not notice ...

• Disposable Softcup (Formerly Instead Softcup)
      it. As indicated on the instructions, if it is uncomfortable or very noticeable, take it out and try again.

If you’re new to menstrual cups, I’ll admit, they do require a certain level of comfort with your body and with your period. You may find insertion and removal to be a bit messier than you’re use to, especially in the beginning. Stick with it. It gets easier. Personally, of all the menstrual cups I’ve tried, I have found this to be the easiest to insert and remove.

Softcup has become an essential

for me, especially when I’m traveling. I love having twelve hours of freedom. I love how comfortable this is, even on my most active days.

Due to the positioning of the disposable Softcup, it can also be worn during intercourse, something other menstrual cups do not offer.

I have been using this product for about four years now and have never have any issues with leaking.

Despite the problems that followed the takeover from Instead to The Flex Company, I am still giving this product a 10/10 rating.

I definitely recommend this product to all women.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3422021658740828/k2311a0222/2.22.17